meet Rasputin @ YWP (photos added)

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
Yorkshire Wildlife Park have acquired their 5th male Polar Bear "Rasputin" - born in Russia (of course) in 2008, but has spent the last 10 years in S. France. He is now in quarantine in the former brown bear enclosure for the next 4 months or so before being introduced to the other boys.

Only shot I could manage late today, but hopefully better ones tomorrow:
_59I6854.jpg

Russ

Last edited:
At last, I've got him at play (all taken in variable light with Canon 1DXii + 400 f4 DO ii) :

...taking a dip
_59I7129.jpg

...having a stretch
_59I7239.jpg

....enjoying a thoughtful scratch
_59I7259.jpg

....shakin' the food pole for tit-bits
_59I7283.jpg

.... and shakin' it again
_59I7302.jpg

Rasputin is one playful Polar - the other boys had better watch out when he is out of quarantine!

Russ

I've seen a few on fb with him trying to push the post over, he's definitely warming to his new home.

Great selection.

Nice set Russ I'm glad you finally got him
#1 & #3 especially (y)

A couple of us are planning a trip up this month :)
Weather permitting of course.

- many thanks Chris - he's in his winter coat at present which seems darker than the other 4 boys! :)
A couple of us are planning a trip up this month - Weather permitting of course.
- if you do manage a trip up here, do let me know and I could pop round just to say hello!

Russ

Awww thanks again Russ for sharing these, that third one is just too cute :love:
Looking forward to seeing him before too long

Awww thanks again Russ for sharing these, that third one is just too cute :love:
Looking forward to seeing him before too long
- Glad you enjoyed them Ingrid - he's very playful when he finally decides to come out of his pen. Can't wait to see him interact with the other boys at some future date! :)

Russ

Back