Meet ups for Astrophotography

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

just wondering if anyone on this site organises or knows of groups that would meet up to take pictures at night?
Im based in the west midlands if that helps! Very much a novice but would be good to learn from others socially distanced of course!

Sorry Salford Rick I can't help there but see if you have an astronomy society locally as they may have a Astrophotography enthusiast who might be willing to help you, or even mentor you.

Sorry Salford Rick I can't help there but see if you have an astronomy society locally as they may have a Astrophotography enthusiast who might be willing to help you, or even mentor you.
Thanks Geoff, I have been searching for a few but not sure if they are more telescopes and talking about the names of the stars. I’m sure I would learn a lot but I’m thinking they may find I’m just following them around taking pics instead of engaging in conversation.

There was a TP night meet up in the Yorkshire Dales a few years ago but it was mainly light orbs and things like that rather than astro though. I think the problem with organising an astro meet up would be the weather, it would be hard to pick a date a few weeks in advance and expect cloud free skies.

There was a TP night meet up in the Yorkshire Dales a few years ago but it was mainly light orbs and things like that rather than astro though. I think the problem with organising an astro meet up would be the weather, it would be hard to pick a date a few weeks in advance and expect cloud free skies.
Yeah you are right, even just landscape photo meet ups locally, I’m complete novice to photography so would just be good to find someone with the similar interest etc

basically looking for a friend near me

I’m in West Midlands (west Brom), I’m always up for some astro but agree like above that it’s weather dependant and often only a couple days notice if the weathers been reliable. Shropshire hills is prob the easiest dark spot to get to, as into wales is much farther and prob down in a few spots in the Cotswolds might get dark enough too or Peak District.. a little TP west mids astro meet up would be cool tho. I always struggle to get anyone to go with as no one wants to be out so late in the cold.

I’m in West Midlands (west Brom), I’m always up for some astro but agree like above that it’s weather dependant and often only a couple days notice if the weathers been reliable. Shropshire hills is prob the easiest dark spot to get to, as into wales is much farther and prob down in a few spots in the Cotswolds might get dark enough too or Peak District.. a little TP west mids astro meet up would be cool tho. I always struggle to get anyone to go with as no one wants to be out so late in the cold.

As a guy with Astronomy equipment I agree with all of the comments unfortunately I am way down south so could not join you, I agree the Hills West of Shropshire are great as is the land over Offa's Dyke or down in to the Malvern's and Cotswolds.

Back