Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
MM1.jpg

**UPDATE**
Although some cold drinks will be available on the day
The weather is set to be very hot that week-end, please remember to bring plenty of water with you.

Here it is folks the one you have all been waiting for.
The official 2015 Megga-meet thread.

Following the huge success of the 2014 one,
Yvonne and I have started to make arrangements for 2015.
Having listening to a few comments, from you the members,
this year will be even more orientated towards member participation.

There will be no formal lectures, but
more practical things to take part in,
but also lots of help will available on the days,
should anyone need "tips or tricks"

The time and the place.
Sat. the 6th and Sunday the 7th June.
10:00-17:00
(Doors open for "Exhibitors" only at 9am To allow them "setting up time")

The location is the same as last years,
Whipsnade village hall LU6 2LG
Just a few short miles from M1 J9
Unfortunately, there is a slight price increase this year ( Due to the hall hire cost increasing)
Its now £10 for one day or £15 for both days.
You can apply for tickets by following the instructions at the end of this post.
There is a list of local accommodation HERE should you need it.

The Venue is just a few hundred yards from the the world renowned ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Other Local attractions include a Tree Cathedral, 100yrds from the hall,
an open working farm a few miles North, up the A5, for those with children,
(Should you decide to sell them in to slavery),
A very pretty village church 200yrs away and the fabulous Dunstable Downs are a short drive away.

The hall itself is set within a copse of trees in open countryside
with only a few village houses in the immediate vicinity,
quiet and photogenic. Last years visitors will no doubt vouch for the location.

An updated list of activities
Paul and Bazzle will be there with the reptiles, / Amphibians.
I'll be there with a couple of Birds of prey.
Yvonne will be doing pet portraits (Dogs)
Tori_T will be there with loads of lego and cups for cupography
Bryn is doing a start up guide to macro Tips and tricks (mostly practical).
The film guys will be there in force trying to convert the digital guys
Have a play and see what you think, of their efforts for world domination.
Off camera flash (People) with Bernie Raffe

And of course snacks, rolls and drinks will be available,
during the day, thanks to Ruth (Viv1969)
who again has agreed to be chief cook and bottle washer.

If there is anything else specific you would like to see or do,
Please contact either Yvonne (Yv) or myself (Chris) and we will see what we can do.

THIS THREAD should give you an idea of what everyone got up to last year, so don't miss your chance to join in the fun in 2015

Ticket Sales

Please contact Yv for bank transfer payment details. Include the following:

Real Name
Forum name
How many tickets required
One day or both

Email to tpmegameet@gmail.com

Announcements

The lovely folks at Peak Imaging have very kindly offered to sponsor the photo competitions after the event. There will be Best Digital photo and Best Film Photo categories with vouchers to spend at Peak Imaging for the top 3 places in each. Peak Imaging offer both digital and film processing services, so do have a click on the logo to check them out and for you social media types, you can find them on Facebook too.

Last edited:
Count me in :) @Yv let me know when the ticket office is open and I'll send you the money (guessing the bank details are the same)?

Hiya

Details for payment are the same, I left the account there after last year, guessing we might just need it again this year. Will be setting up a separate email account later today so everyone can email me and they dont get mixed up with the TP rtm emails I get this time, will add details later. (y)

Blimey that was quick, the ink had barely dried :D
I'm at a wedding in Scotland the whole weekend.....gutted I can't make it this year!! :arghh:
Sorry to hear that Damien.
I'm sure your clients will understand :D
Count me in :) @Yv let me know when the ticket office is open and I'll send you the money (guessing the bank details are the same)?
(y)

Still time

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(although I'd hope you didn't have any more)

Well I'm due to visit that London next week for a hospital appointing at St Thomas' so if I can manage that I'll manage anything :eek:

Count me in for the Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet.

Yay! Although I thought that I would be away (has the original date been changed from the next weekend or am I a total fi##wut?!), we don't go until the Tuesday after so I can make it again! I'll communicate with your glamorous assistant (OK, the boss!!!) re payment and maybe an inch of floor space. Both days please.

Can I ask what this is all about? Is it like a mini 'The Photography Show' only better??

Can I ask what this is all about? Is it like a mini 'The Photography Show' only better??
Thats the one.
If you follow the link at the bottom of the 1st post, you will see the sort of things we got up to.
Its very much about hands on, having fun and meeting other members (y)

mm1-jpg.28020

And of course snacks, rolls and drinks will be available,
during the day, thanks to Ruth (Viv1969)
who again has agreed to be chief cook and bottle washer.

I....What?....Well I......:eek:

Much much smaller and much much better!!! :D It's all about meeting other TP members, having a shedload of stuff to take photos of and generally having some relaxed fun with other photographers. Oh and a load of us normally pop down the local pub for a meal on the saturday evening too.

Probably! Fewer chances (temptations!) to spend loadsamoney and more opportunities to play around with other people's toys.

Probably! Fewer chances (temptations!) to spend loadsamoney and more opportunities to play around with other people's toys.

But no....not in a "car-keys-in-a-bowl" sort of way. :eek:

Yayyyyy,count me in please and possibly @posiview @Dark Knight @Southdowns @blakester @Robbi

I'll sort payment for ticket next month if that's ok @yvonne

Looking forward to it already . :)

Noted Lynne, it shouldn't be a problem, I'd like to attend both days this year as last year could only do one.
Felt I was missing out on something being a nosey bu99er and all.

Due to work commitments, I can't confirm at this time but I will do my best.

Yay! Although I thought that I would be away (has the original date been changed from the next weekend or am I a total fi##wut?!), we don't go until the Tuesday after so I can make it again! I'll communicate with your glamorous assistant (OK, the boss!!!) re payment and maybe an inch of floor space. Both days please.

Ask really nicely and you might get 2 inches of space :p

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty please may I have somewhere to rest my weary head on the Saturday night, pretty, pretty, pretty please? :fluttereyelashes:

Can when required! (Getting down on my knees to beg is easy; getting back up again is the hard part!!!)

Back