Info MEGGA meet 2017 ( + poll )

2017 MEGGA meet

• Would you support a Megga meet in the Leeds area?

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • June

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • July

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • August

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Sept

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Quite a few people have been enquiring recently, as to whether or not there will be a MEGGA-Meet this year.
Well yes, I can now say with some certainty that one will go ahead.
The venue as yet un-booked.
Andy ( @posiview ) and Lynne ( @blondie606 ) are working hard behind the scenes to secure one, at the all important "Best Price"
And to that end this will most likely be close to the Leeds area.

We have have had, in principle, a few offers of help,
Without committing anyone to anything,
tentative offers of help have been received, subject to dates for

Catering
lights / lighting n stuff
Portraiture.
Reptile subjects
Beginner Macro.
Perhaps the Film guys may like to show us Digital guys how its done, again?

As previous years, hopefully there will be light refreshments, available to purchase on the day.
We have not yet fully decided on a price either, as other years, though, it will be kept to a bare minimum, ie just enough to allow us to cover costs.

Before we go ahead and finalise any dates or deals,
what we need to know is, would you support a Megga-meet in this area this year?
Are there people out there with special skills ( Liam Neeson need not apply this time, as last time ended badly )
that would be prepared to help out with various photo shoots, talks, demonstrations etc.
Pet portraits along with human portraits "tips and tricks" have been a very popular activity in the past.

If this is to go ahead, we will need Human and larger animal subjects, can anyone help with this?
The subjects of course must be of a legal, consenting age ( make up / glamour / costume type things) and well behaved. ( the pets of course will be given a little latitude on both )
If you feel you can or would like to help, either post in the thread or contact one of us ( that is Lynne, Andy or Chris) by PM if you would rather.

This is your meet, tell us what you want to see and do,
We will try and accommodate anything and everything within reason.

Last edited:

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes I would be able to support a meet in Leeds, have selected July or August as it's likely to be the nicest weather and because those are the optimum Milky Way months so it would be a good time to get out somewhere different but ultimately I can do any month

OP
OP
Cobra

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Yes I would be able to support a meet in Leeds, have selected July or August as it's likely to be the nicest weather and because those are the optimum Milky Way months so it would be a good time to get out somewhere different but ultimately I can do any month
Cheers Matt, :)

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I could do Leeds, would be nice to know well in advance please for booking rail tickets.

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Leeds is fine by me, anywhere in the country but London.

Prefer June or Sept, have to make a living in July and August exploiting, sorry helping tourists!

OP
OP
Cobra

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Would like to attend as usual... but with it being in the Leeds area I certainly am not going to be able to assist :LOL:
LOL no worries Dean, I'm sure the Northern contingent will stand up and be counted with Andy and Lynne on their case :D

RaglanSurf

Forum Idiot'13/14 <span class=poty>FPOTY'17</span>
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Might be able to make it with some of the other f&c mob, can always blow the dust off a few 'proper' cameras but of course depends on dates, locations costs of accommodation etc.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Date depending you can put me down to help out . Not too sure how and in what capacity , but I'm sure something will come up . John.

OP
OP
Cobra

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Might be able to make it with some of the other f&c mob, can always blow the dust off a few 'proper' cameras but of course depends on dates, locations costs of accommodation etc.
If it's Leeds based then I can dig out a few film cameras for people to have a play with. @RaglanSurf
Thanks guys, I'll keep you upto speed once "things" are settled (y)

Not too sure how and in what capacity ,
Paying guests are also needed (y)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I start to panic the further I go outside the M25. Leeds is a little too far. Sorry
Im the same !

In all honestly, due to time constraints and having to little time and to much do, Ive never yet done a full day at a MM.

However, whilst not working for me, its good that our northern members get chance to enjoy one, so I have no problem with that at all.

OP
OP
Cobra

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
What is it with these Southerners,
Scared of their OH I guess Dean :D

I have my Get out of Jail Purgatory Visa to travel from Norfolk,
:D
And yes I just about made it out of there alive again today.
Although I did see quite a lot of road works on and around the A428 and near to the A14, today,
I wonder if they are building a wall? :thinking:

Edit My Images
Yes
Scared of their OH I guess Dean :D

:D
Soft as kittens I hear :whistle:
I just about made it out of there alive again today.
Although I did see quite a lot of road works on and around the A428 and near to the A14, today,
I wonder if they are building a wall? :thinking:
Hahaaa you must of caught the guards on a nap - if we have a wall it will be build out of them there straw bales :cow:

Woodsy

POTY Winner 2009
Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep, keen for a meet. I've never actually been to one of these before, but would be well up for it this time round as, in general, I have more free time. Happy to help the presence of the F&C contingent :D

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
What is it with these Southerners, I have my Get out of Jail Visa to travel from Norfolk, a good early start and a late night occasionally is good for you :thinking:

:naughty: :exit:
Nothing wrong with the occasional foray up norf, i'm OK once I get past Doncaster and don't have to go anywhere near Middlesbrough, bit in the middle is fine.

Went to York a while back and some young women were handing out free mens deodorant and shower gel samples at the station.9
Got a laugh and a few extras when I said "cheers darlin, I'm from London so I've seen these things before"

Last edited:
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Cheeky bump as the Thorner Victory Hall diary is booking up very fast. Slots available as off 7 February: June 2 Saturday/Sundays, July 1 Saturday/Sunday, August nil availability, September 1 Saturday/Sunday.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
probably be a weekend when most photographers are working... oh hum :)
Well was thinking it would be a weekend meant the actual date ;)

Cheeky bump as the Thorner Victory Hall diary is booking up very fast. Slots available as off 7 February: June 2 Saturday/Sundays, July 1 Saturday/Sunday, August nil availability, September 1 Saturday/Sunday.

Cheers.
used there for a scout event the hall is a good size but thinking that parking might be slightly limiting from what I remember

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
If I can be of assistance I'd like to help! Any weekend ok

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Doesn't matter where it is for me everything is far away for me so driving 5 hrs north makes no difference to driving 5 hrs east
Seen his occupation?