Melati, Jae Jae and their cubs

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
...or the first family of Tigers as I like to call them. This pair are just beautiful and obviously the cubs are lovely. All taken a week ago with my Nikon D7000 and AF-s 70-300mm.
C&C welcome.

1. Jae Jae
DSC_3281 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

2. Melati
DSC_3062 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

3. Melati & Cubs
DSC_3029 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. Cub
DSC_3096 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

5. Cub in trouble!
DSC_3105 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

6. Another cub...
DSC_3092 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Awww, really cute selection. I was hoping to get down to see them on a week day now the schools are back , but don't think i'll manage it soon. You've almost tempted me to go tomorrow, which is more than likely to mean paying for parking somewhere.

Lovely set Fi, some nice interaction going on there too :)

you have some lovely images there - I just generally feel that the crops are too tight given that they are full body images

Awww, really cute selection. I was hoping to get down to see them on a week day now the schools are back , but don't think i'll manage it soon. You've almost tempted me to go tomorrow, which is more than likely to mean paying for parking somewhere.

Did you go? I won't rub it in by saying how lovely they were if you didn't ;)
We parked at the zoo parking one time which was horrible to drive to but obviously very convenient once you are there. I think we may have got it free though as ZSL members.

Lovely set Fi, some nice interaction going on there too :)

Thank you :)

you have some lovely images there - I just generally feel that the crops are too tight given that they are full body images

Thanks for the feedback (y)

Did you go? I won't rub it in by saying how lovely they were if you didn't ;)
We parked at the zoo parking one time which was horrible to drive to but obviously very convenient once you are there. I think we may have got it free though as ZSL members.
No, I didn't, which was lucky as the M1 was shut for bridge demolition or something. You do get free parking outside school holidays, weekends and bank holidays as a member (and if you buy a ticket beforehand now) which I like to take advantage of to take a wonder round London. I noticed a couple of the Gorilla young on your flickr page too :) I only saw them inside when I last went.

these would have been taken through glass Bill, so not only have you got to consider the 'zoo' background in the empty space, but reflections from other visitors in their bright pink and yellow tops :D

t but reflections from other visitors in their bright pink and yellow tops :D
Bloody visitors are a menace :D

For what its worth, I don't think they are too tight, the images show off the cubs well, which IMO is the object of the exercise anyway.

No, I didn't, which was lucky as the M1 was shut for bridge demolition or something. You do get free parking outside school holidays, weekends and bank holidays as a member (and if you buy a ticket beforehand now) which I like to take advantage of to take a wonder round London. I noticed a couple of the Gorilla young on your flickr page too :) I only saw them inside when I last went.

Lucky escape from gridlock then! We were lucky seeing the little gorilla(s) close up but they stayed indoors so getting any shots was a challenge.

these would have been taken through glass Bill, so not only have you got to consider the 'zoo' background in the empty space, but reflections from other visitors in their bright pink and yellow tops :D

Ah yes... the cursed day-glo fashion choices of some people! Some of these are taken from the stairs up the side of the enclose so through the mesh. I only have a 70-300mm lens so it can be quite tricky to shoot through wire.

Bloody visitors are a menace :D

For what its worth, I don't think they are too tight, the images show off the cubs well, which IMO is the object of the exercise anyway.

Thank you

Back