Memories of summer

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. My first posting thread here, and thought i’d start with a couple of shots from the beach. They aren’t perfect images - but I would be interested in your thoughts on them.22B2C564-F2EB-4A31-8E4C-20E93635EF47.jpegF6541FB1-E95F-4F15-8F32-3E1F59F204B5.jpeg43627032-5044-4FDD-812F-0A16D975B6B2.jpeg

You may not agree with me, but I'd crop the second image, just to the right of the central fellow in the white "T". You could easily clone out the tips of his foot and fingers. Reason? The white distracts from the dude in midair, and he should be the center of attention.

Chuck

Thanks chuck. To be honest I see what you mean, but it's one of those images where there are multiple ways to clean it up with a little creative editing, and it's tricky to choose the best one?

I thought about cloning out the chap behind the jumper - the one who has no head - to give the jumper clear space all around him and isolate him in the photo. That would have the same sort of effect as what you suggest?

I'm the end I left it as it is. One of the things I like about this shot is the way the guy was doing pretty incredible somersaults on the sand - but most people in the image are not even looking at him... In the end I thought that was part of the story of the shot.

That's fine, Gavin. Our images are just that- ours. Keep on snappin'!

Chuck

I'm the end I left it as it is. One of the things I like about this shot is the way the guy was doing pretty incredible somersaults on the sand - but most people in the image are not even looking at him... In the end I thought that was part of the story of the shot.

I agree with you on this, I found part of its charm was the way my eye sort of wandered across the photo, seeing all the people just enjoying a day at the HOLY HELL whats that guy doing??

If that makes sense.

I quite like number One , I'd crop the water out to the left of the tree (or at least that bit of arm once you notice it you can't unsee it!) and clone whatever that is bottom right A rock?

I quite like number One , I'd crop the water out to the left of the tree (or at least that bit of arm once you notice it you can't unsee it!) and clone whatever that is bottom right A rock?

Damn... I’d never noticed it was an arm!! Well spotted, and it’s got to go now... I’m keeping my rock though......

Back