Menorca

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Some snaps from my recent holiday to Cala Galdana in Menorca... a beautiful place and very highly recommended :)

#1 I was sat on the beach having a drink and noticed this shot. Not quite sure if it works :shrug:
Reflections-menorca.jpg

#2 Taken from a precarious position on the rocks. Couldn't move any further without falling in :LOL:
cala-galdana.jpg

#3 Sat on the beach and watched the sun set. Didn't have my tripod :bang: so had to make the best of a hand held shot, hence it's quite soft. Not sure if I should have cropped the expanse of blackness off at the bottom and gone for a 'square' piccy :shrug:
sunset2.jpg

I absolutely love the sunglasses shot - you must be so pleased with that one. I went to Menorca a few years ago myself so I can really relate to the feel you've captured in these shots. I remember that the sea really was that colour. Personally I would crop the sunset, as you said, too much dead area in the foreground - maybe crop it back to the shoreline? Stunning pics though (y)

Sorry, I've got to say it again - that 1st one is just fantastic!

#1 a cracking good idea and shot :clap:

#2 so much reminds me of the island :)

#3 yes crop it to square.

Like the 1st one Cheryl, great idea (y) . I don't know if it was bright enough for you to try for a larger aperture to get greater DOF as I feel it would have looked a bit better if the nearest part of the sunglasses frame was also sharply in focus (would have matched the reflection on the glasses, which all looks sharp) - hope that makes sense...I know what I'm on about anyway :thinking: ;)
Also think the last one is fantastic, though I agree, it would look even better cropped at the bottom as you said. Superb photo.
Much more creative than my usual efforts :) :)

Rich

1 is brilliant. 3 needs the horizon fixing a tad :) 1 is brilliant :D

Thanks for all the comments. Wasn't quite sure whether #1 worked or not, but you all seem to think it does, so that'll do me! :)
Was quite pleased with most of my holiday shots as I decided to be brave and go fully manual 99% of the time.

#1 worked a treat, stunning!

Sorry, I've got to say it again - that 1st one is just fantastic!

Stands saying twice doesn't it. Everything about that shot works for me.

Dare say it could contribute pretty well to another holiday with stock sales too. :clap:

I do like No1 Cheggers, but overall the shot looks a bit wishy washy and anaemic? I'd like to see a colour version, or a better feeling of warmth in the shot.

Really like the first one M - wish I could spot that type of pic opportunity - must keep learning from you lot!

Back