Mercedes Benz C63 AMG

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Porsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth, on a cold and winder evening...

8N2A4659-2 by Mr Seahorse, on Flickr

You would not believe how many times I ran across the road to paint the car! But yes, not as even as I would like. What I do like is the colours sandwiching the car, and this shot has the best set of those.

Nice concept. I think if you were willing to play around in photoshop a bit to increase and even out the levels it would work well. None of it is so dark that it is unrecoverable. Also did you consider turning some lights on the car? It looks a bit lifeless as it is not moving and there are no lights on. Some detail in the sky might look good too even if added afterwards. Depends how natural you want the whole process! With this kind of shot I think it would be difficult to get a perfect, well lit shot without either lots of gear or some editing/combining of shots. One other thing that may or may not be an issue is that that the white reflections from your light seem a bit unnatural in that there is no likely source they have emanated from.

8N2A4638-2.jpg

Same sequence, a few minutes earlier, processed differently. I have some with the lights on, but not accessible from my phone...

Another nice shot with a different vibe. I still think it looks a little underexposed. I've attached a couple of quick edits of the sort of thing I was thinking, hope you don't mind. With the RAW file you would have more scope for not blowing out the highlights. I'm not sure if the detail in the sky works all that well that I added, but its kind of what I had in mind
1.jpg
2.jpg

Another nice shot with a different vibe. I still think it looks a little underexposed. I've attached a couple of quick edits of the sort of thing I was thinking, hope you don't mind. With the RAW file you would have more scope for not blowing out the highlights. I'm not sure if the detail in the sky works all that well that I added, but its kind of what I had in mind
I see where you are going there, I'm at home now and this one (with car lights on) is kind of going the opposite way:

8N2A4661-Edit-2-2.jpg

I like the shots but man, What a car !!

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it.

Back