Meteor Hunting - Castell Dinas Bran

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
This was one tough adventure, and one i'm feeling this week at work. Having felt like I have played the part of a soldier in the nursery rhythm 'The grand old Duke of York' my legs are shot!

Despite all my walking up and down the hills, the weather on this occasion just didn't match the forecasts. I was hoping for clear skies from 11pm til 3am with patch cloud from 4-5am and then back to clear skies for dawn, however what was delivered was wall to wall clag from the moment we parked up the car. Having no success during the hours of darkness we relocated to the Panorama Road and made our way on to the ridge line of Egwlyseg Rocks.

It was hoped the weather would improve for the dawn unfortunately this wasn't the case and yet more heavy rain laden cloud rolled in down the Dee Valley.

Looking down from the Egwlyseg Rocks the path leading back to the Castell Dinas Bran where I spent the evening.

Paath-to-Castlle-Dinas-1200.jpg

Regards
Geoff

This… this is a kind of heavy theatrical
treatment I appreciate very much! (y)

I like this image a lot, very moody..... who is the togger in the foreground ??? someone you know ?

and I know where you are coming from with the rain, I sit looking out of the window most days wishing I could get out, alas, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and far too soft. :(

Atmospheric and moody, monochrome suits it perfectly (y)

Agree with all the above, love it.
And a place I have walked to several times!

Back