MG in need of TLC

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been social distancing around some quiet back streets, saw this car yesterday, spent hours thinking about how I could photograph it, went back today and got this.

JqnGhc1No7msad7fRNHmNAAk-RAF8496nGmH-By7OEEDkcYSTr-Ka6avy5wXju89G65uJ3xx3jL90nfvtGtpERhThdThrHW0k42c553QfTLgVeCY89sqqtbIzCldyxhgJ1zk6ATndt5XSXNRTqucS50A9-LfLfU3Ys0hbsg7T-Ne_KjqsqV7Zc3H8rdV3iqRhpaJswSYWgup_NlRKO5v18ELV6Ce0ZBqY6OQORFDyTFD6hPwolC0ZRrjhfWLJryY221zAbmMUifvdKcmLpNMIpf39la-_yIbInwchUOwEgXRrXfHXEX8d1-W152qgYTeAetMiHB0e2vhmhccBmMbQxxDS83oKMVUqIEJHChqvmMAHMU6qKoaWba2iThVrcTnUAEhm-9zBDD_YY9PbMzY-blmz6Af-fFieQleCUQHgIFyT_ryQifOuO7rnvscm_HfwqRhhKJOB6k711t3L3VvXM9HntLEfymptatxLk0GccCDAUF5oH66lGHyycPEQMhN6ePaRUaST631LNR0tmSuP2Wxweb_SEENhzWGzXXU8s7xzDx3fvvnd-7yAG6xw-yBbQPqW20eZyIbfxzrFM5fr9RUE1UXO41vUQW-Wltasi8FA0lF1fwAMviZjiTgrdipp_HIkJzTUM0aOGa60xv0EWPhNxkQb0nGD60-339hEt_dMW1-1ALfaMyi8AP8Vc_BXTG4G3sfqmafnZTNLxCX_oKWPFXN4wvnvhM78iV6knQApL-h8ci6spRz=w927-h590-no

Last edited:
Worth going back for, just needs a bit of mould cleaner.
Bit of a coincidence, saw these on one of my recent lone walks

P1014693 1.jpg

Car SOS did an A recently.

Ah just googled MG A and I think I see one in tt's shot. :giggle:

I think I see an Austin-Healey and a Midget :giggle:

I'll take your word for it David, no idea when it comes to cars, just liked the look of the place

Anyway, back to my pic, and I know you are all wondering how it was done .... a Fish Eye lens.

After all these years I've found a use for one!

Anyway, back to my pic, and I know you are all wondering how it was done .... a Fish Eye lens.

After all these years I've found a use for one!

Well done, I never did and sold mine

I think they are MG A's. The MG B looks like the big black bumper type.

Well done, I never did and sold mine

I've just done a site search for fisheye and fish eye and lots of people buy and sell them, but what do they get used for?

Last edited:
Originally, whole sky shots but since then, people have found all sorts of (ab)uses for them! I occasionally use mine for quick panoramas (if I know that high quality isn't needed) - I can get a 180° view across the full frame then crop out the badly distorted ends.

The race car and White FHC are both MGAs
The Orange MGB at the front is a Chrome Bumper version (@wave01), If it were a later rubber bumper one, it wouldn't have the indicator cut out in the lower front wing.
I'm not sure what the one hiding behind the pump is. The rake of the rear windscreen looks like an MGGBT, but the back is wrong.

?Early TVR? Grantura era?

The race car and White FHC are both MGAs
The Orange MGB at the front is a Chrome Bumper version (@wave01), If it were a later rubber bumper one, it wouldn't have the indicator cut out in the lower front wing.
I'm not sure what the one hiding behind the pump is. The rake of the rear windscreen looks like an MGGBT, but the back is wrong.
It's got a body kit fitted.

Worth going back for, just needs a bit of mould cleaner.
Bit of a coincidence, saw these on one of my recent lone walks

View attachment 273386

Any chance of a hefty crop of the red (rather than maroon) car closest to the Beer of Houghton sign, please, Rich? I think Robert might be onto something...

Any chance of a hefty crop of the red (rather than maroon) car closest to the Beer of Houghton sign, please, Rich? I think Robert might be onto something...

Does this help?

P1014692 1.jpg

Reactions: Nod
This photo brought back some memories - I used to work at the base just down the road and would run / cycle past that car repair and dealer when I went out. I also had the worst burger I've ever had in the pub across the road from there...

So other than typing MGBGT as MBGGT (lol) I'd got it right from the rack of the rear windscreen.
Not too shabby then :)
You didn't actually say it was, you said looked like...
But not too shabby....:LOL::LOL:

Reactions: LC2
Back