MicroSoft Word Help Req Please.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Silly question, I hope...

Most of the Publishing package I use, Quark, Illustrator, Indesign all allow me to select what size paper I want to print the job to without changing the document size I have set. I can have a document which is A5 and print onto A4, A2, A1 paper etc.

Now in Word, if my job is A5 and I select paper size of A4 it changes the job size to A4. How do you stop the margins on the being directly linked to the paper size?

Many thanks

Yeah it's the printer settings you need to be changing rather than the 'page settings'.
If that fails then I use the trick of making a pdf (i.e. at A5) and then printing that at a different size (i.e. A4).

Tried the above but the only way of selecting paper size is in Page Setup, that applies to whatever printer I want to use. It changes size even if I tell it 100% scale.

What we need is a document size and page setup to act individually as in any prog designed by Adobe :LOL:

With the HP printer I'm using I can set Word it to print on A4 or A3 no matter what page size it is by using the 'printer properties' option as Ian suggested - not sure why your setup can't do something similar? Weird.

Back