Mid Cheshire College

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
My youngest was going to go there back in 20...cantremember... We had a tour round the brand new art block. Now it's all going to be knocked down.

Spent a couple of hours there a couple of weeks ago with @Mr Perceptive (thanks for the tour!). THe B&W stuff wasn't very inspiring, but the roll of Vista 400 through my EOS30 was quite nice.

000020340003.jpg

000020340001.jpg

000020340022.jpg

000020340013.jpg

000020340006.jpg

000020340005.jpg

It's the last two for me. That 35 zone exposure meter on the EOS 30 works very well indeed; just concentrate on the subject and let the camera sort the exposure out. I think that camera personifies just how affordably good 'latter-day' 35mm SLR photography got; by that time it had become a partnership... you see the shot, the camera keeps nicely and quietly out of the way, but makes sure you get it. What's not to like about that?! (y)

Frame 5 was an exposure test and one of the few situations where "get closer with your feet" isn't an option (unless you're an angel) and having a zoom really helps! The shadow detail is there, but with Vista 400 (out of date at that!) it isn't pretty.

Totally agree with cameras that "get out of the way" and allow you to just concentrate on framing and composition. I keep looking at EOS-1vs and EOS-3s on eBay but (today) I don't need them. The EOS 30 is a great camera.

Frame 5 was an exposure test and one of the few situations where "get closer with your feet" isn't an option (unless you're an angel) and having a zoom really helps! The shadow detail is there, but with Vista 400 (out of date at that!) it isn't pretty.

Totally agree with cameras that "get out of the way" and allow you to just concentrate on framing and composition. I keep looking at EOS-1vs and EOS-3s on eBay but (today) I don't need them. The EOS 30 is a great camera.
As you know, I have an EOS-3 and while it's a lovely camera, I use my 30/30v more often. The 3 has a more robust build quality and feels very solid, but with that comes size and weight, and the 30/30v will do most of what the 3 will, and they're considerably quieter too.

Liking these Ian, glad you got some results that you like from the day. There is a lot of noise at the moment saying that the college was fenced off this week and now has a security guard (given the fact that the local youth had got inside and a lot of stuff was starting to go from the outside, and that the start of demolition is drawing closer, I'm not surprised. I will probably pop down and take a look at some point this weekend, and add some shots of the ring of steel to my Hartford collection!

Went down this afternoon, new fence - not completed, new security portakabin/shipping container, and security guard with dog van

Security Company is apparently the one used on 'Can't Pay We'll Take It Away' TV programme, was a bit of an issue with a dog walker during the week which apparently resulted in an abusive tirade from the Security Guard, so he has now been equipped with a BodyCam supposedly for 'our' protection - I didn't go down and get a shot of his van, as a) I didn't want to antagonise him and b) he has dogs!!

So I think photo opportunities of the college are over (unless you have a large bag of brave pills) - pleased that I've got about 500 shots over 2 months as it has declined!!! - Digital; not film!!!!!

Back