Mid Hants Autumn 2020 Steam Gala

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
The Mid Hants Railway are one of the few railways putting on a Covid Secure gala this year.
With number carefully controlled, it had more of the feel of a busy passenger railway than the usual gala crush, very refreshing really.
6 locos in steam. Here are a few of them

Home Fleet: Ivatt 2MT - 41312

British Railways Ivatt 2MT : 41312
by Tim White, on Flickr

Visitor : Jubilee Class - 45596 : Bahamas

LMS Jubilee : 45596 - Bahamas
by Tim White, on Flickr

New addition to the Home Fleet: S&DJR 7F - 53808

S&DJR 7F : 53808
by Tim White, on Flickr

A really useful engine - Dave (Hunslet 3781)

Hunslet 3781 - Dave
by Tim White, on Flickr

No. 1. Blow highlights in the sky. Framing could be a little wider to the right. The yellow shed behind is rather distracting.

No 2. Blown highlights again / boring sky. Framing is a little odd

No 3. Looks a bit forced

No 4. Too many distractions / dull sky / messy backdrop.

I had to double-take the top photo, thought I was seeing the late great Fred Dibnahy!

Glad you were able to get to the gala, it's great to take any photos at events like these in the current situation - love the setting of the 1st and I too thought 'Fred Dibnah' :LOL:

lovely shots mate nowt wrong with them the way they are
don't you just love pixel peepers

I had to double-take the top photo, thought I was seeing the late great Fred Dibnahy!
Glad you were able to get to the gala, it's great to take any photos at events like these in the current situation - love the setting of the 1st and I too thought 'Fred Dibnah' :LOL:
Cheers chaps. I think the blue overalls are pretty much 'uniform' on the footplate, so yeah he does look a bit like Fred :)
lovely shots mate nowt wrong with them the way they are
don't you just love pixel peepers
Chuckle yeah. I'll just move the station shelter and/or coaling point out of the way ;)
Train enthusiasts will be pleased to see them. Didn't go personally, the first time for I can't remember how many years.
A shame you didn't make it Ken, it was very well run with social distancing working really well. Nothing like the crush you see normally at galas.

Back