Mid Hants Railway Autumn Gala (2018)

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of my shots from the Mid Hants Railway Autumn Gala last weekend.
The weather was really quite excellent for late October, giving opportunities to play with the light.
There were some great early morning and evening shots, although once the day heated up, the exhausts were far less visible.

I hope you enjoy them.

Please note - Most of these shots are taken from areas that are not publicly accessible. I have a valid PTS cert and permission to be line-side.
Please do not attempt to go line-side on any railway without the requisite permits and permissions.

Early Morning on Shed

British Railways 9F - 92212
by Tim White, on Flickr

9F on Freight (viewed from the new sidings)

by Tim White, on Flickr

Foxcote Manor between Ropley & Medstead

GWR Manor 7822 - Foxcote Manor
by Tim White, on Flickr

9F on shed at Ropley

by Tim White, on Flickr

Large Prairie leaving Alresford

GWR Large Prairie - 5199
by Tim White, on Flickr

Foxcote Manor

GWR Manor - 7822 - Foxcote Manor
by Tim White, on Flickr

Some excellent shots there, I presume you had a lineside pass, not had time to look at my shots or video yet, been a bit busy playing guitar on a couple of gigs

A great set of images but I think the 2 side light shots of the Manor are a little bit special.

Thanks guys, appreciated.
I agree, the shots of the Manor (3 & 6) are very nice.
I think I actually prefer the 5th one though, with the little Prairie charging up the hill out of Alresford. - The way the exhaust fills the sky.

@artyman No, the MHR don't do line side passes. I have an MHR Personal Track Safety certificate as some of the work I do there means I have to go line side.

Last edited:
Really like Early Morning Shed Tim, love the glows you have going on.

My favourite are number 1 and 3, well done!

Really good set, would love to see 3 and 6 in mono, for me Steam is the best subject for mono shots

Paul

Back