Mid Hants Railway - Christmas Leave

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
A few photos from the "Mid Hants Railway - Christmas Leave" event on a dull wet Boxing day.

Let's start with the British Railways Std 9F - 92212 in it's last week of boiler ticket before it goes away for overhaul.
Both shots are on the approach to Ropley Station.

Christmas Leave - Mid Hants Railway
by Tim White, on Flickr

by Tim White, on Flickr

Capturing the threatening skies and reflections of the loco, the Schools Class - 925 : Cheltenham cold on shed at Ropley

by Tim White, on Flickr

And without the reflections

by Tim White, on Flickr

And finally a couple of the re-enactors at Alresford

by Tim White, on Flickr

by Tim White, on Flickr

A good selection of pictures, the 2nd shot of the 9F under the footbridge looks a little odd with red colour fringing.

I do like the portrait shot of the schools class loco with the reflections.

A few photos from the "Mid Hants Railway - Christmas Leave" event on a dull wet Boxing day.

Let's start with the British Railways Std 9F - 92212 in it's last week of boiler ticket before it goes away for overhaul.
Both shots are on the approach to Ropley Station.

by Tim White, on Flickr

by Tim White, on Flickr

Capturing the threatening skies and reflections of the loco, the Schools Class - 925 : Cheltenham cold on shed at Ropley

by Tim White, on Flickr

And without the reflections

by Tim White, on Flickr

And finally a couple of the re-enactors at Alresford

by Tim White, on Flickr

by Tim White, on Flickr

I like them all, numbers four and three, in that order are my favourites, but that would be reversed if the JCB on the right hand side of number were to be cropped out.

A good selection of pictures, the 2nd shot of the 9F under the footbridge looks a little odd with red colour fringing.

I do like the portrait shot of the schools class loco with the reflections.
Cheers :)
I'd applied a 'toy camera' effect (Nik Collection) to it and quite liked the effect it has. I suppose it is a little odd to have B&W with red and green, but...
I like them all, numbers four and three, in that order are my favourites, but that would be reversed if the JCB on the right hand side of number were to be cropped out.
Agreed, the JCB is annoying, but there wasn't anyone around to drive it out of shot for me ;)
I did have a go at cloning it out and it wasn't great (though a second attempt this morning was much more believable). Simply cropping would have unbalanced the image imo

Cheers :)

Agreed, the JCB is annoying, but there wasn't anyone around to drive it out of shot for me ;)
I did have a go at cloning it out and it wasn't great (though a second attempt this morning was much more believable). Simply cropping would have unbalanced the image imo

I've had another look and you're right, a simple crop would unbalance the image.:(

Reactions: LC2
Late visit to this forum.. Steam locos don’t feature too often. It’s a great set, Tim. (y)

Re the JCB ..sometimes it just isn’t possible to clone out an aspect as annoying it is. You’ll often see that problem in ‘Birds’. and also ‘Wild and Free’

Reactions: LC2
Late visit to this forum.. Steam locos don’t feature too often. It’s a great set, Tim. (y)

Re the JCB ..sometimes it just isn’t possible to clone out an aspect as annoying it is. You’ll often see that problem in ‘Birds’. and also ‘Wild and Free’
And I guess it tells the story as it is too. After all, this is preservation, not on shed in the 60s (you wouldn't be able to make out the livery in the 60s, for all the grime!).

Back