Midi D'Ossau Reflective Sunset

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
What can beat a sunset in the mountains? Well one where it is reflected giving you two for the price of one. Here are two from Lac du Miey (the second of the Lac D'Ayous along the GR10) which perfectly mirror the awesome view of Pic D'Midi D'Ossau

_DSC4106 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC4132 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The first one is quite nice. Although as a ‘reflection shot’ the fact that the reflection has ripples kills it a little. The second looks a little over exposed or it lacks contrast and is poorer for it really.

Two very nice shots, with #1 just edging it for me.(y)

George.

I like them Steve the second is probably over exposed for my taste but that how you do things.

I do love the high passes of the central Pyrenees, and these do encompass their magnificence for me . Great images IMO.

Thanks - and I get why you’d say that. In mood and appearance it’s darker - I thought than when these clouds came in it was game over but I hung around.

For Me it’s the last one and it was the last shot from one of the best experiences of the trip.
Yeah the second is really nice, both have a really different feel and I just prefer the mood/light in the first.

These are the shots from your trip I have been waiting for.

Love the Pyrenees, takes me back to walking sections of the GR10 when I was younger.

I love them, the mood of the first is revealing and nice processing getting the cloud blowing through/mist forming in shade in front of the mountain correctly colour balanced. Everything else falls in from there.

I too like the second, and don't have an issue with the contrast, it is a relative thing after viewing the dramatic first.

I've got to say though that in my mind the best shot of these is the landscape one on flickr, it shows more of the lake and is really well balanced.

First for me, very nice. Maybe it could be a touch brighter but the composition and all the elements work really well. The second is also nice but I think would be more balanced if that grey cloud was to the right of the peak

First for me, very nice. Maybe it could be a touch brighter but the composition and all the elements work really well. The second is also nice but I think would be more balanced if that grey cloud was to the right of the peak

On reflection (see what I did there) I think you are right re 1 - I will process these again more than likely.

With two I quite like how the grey clouds point towards to the peak but some more overall would have been nice. I'll be back again next year. It's a nice spot to go to (not on a weekend though). It then becomes a hybrid of hiker, camper and dog walker hell (on the lower section of the walk anyway).

Back