Mika

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This is Mika.

My Daughters partner asked if I minded taking some photos of there dog as she wanted to get one printed as a gift for her Mum at Christmas. I said I would have a go.

I had not seen Mika before, she sure was a ball of hair.

I'm not sure if it is just me but the first photo immediately made me think of Donald trump !

Anyways that's the background reason for taking the photos.

All comments crit / feedback is much appreciated.

Gaz

Last edited:
Really nice set, great looking dog. Really like #3
Thanks Barry.

I over looked that photo at the time and had it marked to be deleted at the last minute I decided against deletion.

Happy I now.

Gaz

no 1 is my favourite..for me a chop off the bottom to take out 2/3 of the stool..
it would suit a square treatment with a goodly sized frame

no 1 is my favourite..for me a chop off the bottom to take out 2/3 of the stool..
it would suit a square treatment with a goodly sized frame
Hi Geof

Me too !

I really liked that one. I don't know if she got it printed or not as yet.
It's not often I have any images printed but this week I did send some off to be printed. I did send that photo off just to see how it would come out. Funnily enough I did crop a good chunk off the bottom but kept the same ratio. I did send a few others off "not of Mika" two of them were printed square which I had not done before. they look really good.

Thanks for the reply and advise.

Gaz

Hi Geof

Me too !

It's not often I have any images printed but this week I did send some off to be printed. I did send that photo off just to see how it would come out. Funnily enough I did crop a good chunk off the bottom but kept the same ratio. I did send a few others off "not of Mika" two of them were printed square which I had not done before. they look really good.

Gaz

Thanks...
i wanted to do some pp on this but wouldnt unless you favoured the idea...ask first
hope you like it...it gives me some practice when a good shot comes up so thanks for that
cheers
geof

mika 4.jpg

Hi Geof

Me too !

Gaz

Thanks...
i wanted to do some pp on this but wouldnt unless you favoured the idea...ask first
hope you like it...it gives me some practice when a good shot comes up so thanks for that
cheers
geof

View attachment 263427

Thanks...
cheers
geof

View attachment 263427

Like that Geof. No problem with you editing the photo.
Mind sharing the steps you took. Not the framing and text as I know how to do that.

Cheers

Gaz

Great images, but no1 is by far my personal favourite.
I also Like Geof's crop.

Last edited:
Great images, but no1 is by far my personal favourite.
Like Geof's crop.
Agreed Geof's crop is good. I had this printed as a 9x6 to keep the ratio of 3x2.
I think Geof as chose to crop where it looks best to the eye rther than a specific ratio.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Like that Geof. No problem with you editing the photo.
Mind sharing the steps you took. Not the framing and text as I know how to do that.
Cheers
Gaz

the crop was sized by eye only...and i placed Mika slightly left of centre...by eye as well
i used a bit of dodge over the head and paws then and a bit of burn over the body to give a different light balance
and then that cheat of all....a cloned eye with a bit of dodge on both to make them shine out

the frame was to show a possible aspect when framed properly

i use burn and dodge on the majority of my shots as lighting isnt always selective and clone where necessary to take out or add where it can enhance the overall data

PS... that pp stuff is in the programs so i guess it is there to be used?

thanks for the encouraging remarks chaps
cheers
geof

Last edited:
PS... that pp stuff is in the programs so i guess it is there to be used?
geof
Thanks for the explanation. I did some dodge and burning. Just going over/enhancing what is already there. eg. making the brighter fur a touch brighter and the darker a touch darker.
You did some more and it looks good.
It's a fine line on how far you go with it. "For my taste anyway"

The brighter eye makes a good differance.

Thanks again

Gaz

Back