Milau viaduct....

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Have crossed this many times. it's always a thrill.
please click on the image to see it large, thanks.

original.jpg

A nice clean well composed shot but the colour looks washed out

I'd reprocess and maybe boost the contrast to give it some more umph!

A nice clean well composed shot but the colour looks washed out

I'd reprocess and maybe boost the contrast to give it some more umph!
fair point, think you mat be right.
this was captured many years back with my old(no longer owned nikon D200)
cheers
tony

Here's a more modern interpretation, taken from a similar viewpoint, but with more modern tackle!

original.jpg

Second one for me as it better captures the sense of scale.

For me the 2nd is the better of the 2. A different time of day would make a better pic, that would get rid of the glare coming from the left.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I do agree the second image is much preferred, as to the time of day
We were drivng through the area and only had a brief time to make the second image.
I would have liked to take the photo at a different time of day and in varying weather conditions, a google search will reveal
Countless impressive photos of he viaduct.
Cheers

We watched a great documentary about this bridge... fascinating!

I quite like the tones and colour but I wish you had a wider crop of the first pic.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a combination of these shots if that would be at all possible; by that I mean both the bottom of the supports and also the top of the bridge. I think that would further enhance illustrating the sheer size of it

Second better. That's a wonderful structure to be sure.

A true modern wonder - the first time I drove over it I had to circle back just to drive over it again !

Very much prefer the second. But thanks for reminding me it was misty the day I visited it :(

makes me want to go there (more than before)
second one for me - as others have said, it is the scale that amplifies the scale of the bridge.......

Love this bridge, it was the highlight of my drive to Barcelona last year, even booked a might in Millau on the way back just to see more of it, unfortunately, the weather was terrible on the way back with low fog.

The 2nd pic is the better of the 2, but could still be better imo. The background looks a bit washed out still but the composition is spot on.

What? …no one detected the nasty moiré in both images?

Last edited:
Drove across here myself earlier in the summer.

I'm gutted i didnt have ny dslr with me!

Great shot! Did you get any others?

What? …no one detected the nasty moiré in both images?
Moire? So bad on technical stuff, but I guess you mean the 'patterning' in the suspension cables?

Would this not be due to compression in the resizing/uploading? Can't say that it worries me.

They are both quite 'literal' photographs, I can't help but feel there is more creative potential in the subject. I have stood on the same spot, it was a very cloudy day, deserved long exposure, but I didn't have the kit.

Moire? So bad on technical stuff, but I guess you mean the 'patterning' in the suspension cables? I have stood on the same spot, it was a very cloudy day, deserved long exposure, but I didn't have the kit.

Yes Toby you got it. Very nasty stuff to have on any shot! Good RAW converters have a special tool for this.

Back