Military taking over in Zimbabwe

I have fond memories or Rhodesia (I'm not Rhodesian, but I'm South African on my mother's side) and I truly hope you're right, but...

This isn't regime change, just an internal adjustment by ZANU-PF, and Emmerson Mnangagwa has a reputation for ruthless/violent suppression of dissent. He was one of the main perpetrators of the genocide in Matabeleland in the 1980s.
Yes, as I mentioned, above :-(

The old adage of "be careful what you wish for" may well apply here. Zanu PF have never have worries of conscience when it came to fixing elections, and I have friends in Zim who were taken to vote at gunpoint in the election before last. Other friends now living over here wept when they saw how elections were carried out in the UK with freedom of choice and no threats or violence.

His current replacement is just as bad.

Very well put on radio in the night: "the tyrant is gone but not the tyranny".

A friend of mine has just adopted the following as her WhatsApp avatar 'Witchcraft is when South Africans prayed hard for Zuma to go, and their prayers were answered in Zimbabwe'. :D

I'm going to see what happens they are not all bad and the military might move on some of the useless ones.

Back