Milky Way and Old Mineworks

Mark, you consistently inspire me with your shots, the light balances between the foreground and the stars really nicely. I even like the slight movement in the stars at the top as a contrast to the rest of the scene.
Overall....not half bad!

What a cracking photo of the Milky Way Mark :clap: if I'm honest though I'm not liking the lighting on the foreground, you'd have hard far more control of the lighting by using a decent torch and using that to light paint the areas you wanted lit over the 30 second exposure for me the foreground especially towards the left of frame is too bright

I'm with Matt on this Mark, it's something I've found with a lot of Milky Way shots and I know how hard it is as I've tried it myself but I find the light painting not to my taste. It's really hard to get it even throughout the scene. Was this done using car headlights? (forget that, just read the first post again/properly :)) Nicely caught comet by the way :)

Last edited:
Possibly one of the best milky way shots I have seen on here. Love it!

Hi, This shot is "EXCELLENT" nothing more can be said.(y)

:plus1::plus1::plus1: to all of the comments above, and I really appreciate you sharing the camera settings for the shot. I don't know that I can find foreground interest like this, but it's certainly making me want to shoot the stars!

I think this is the best photograph I have seen on here in many a month. Not only the image but the effort that has been put into the shot. The location, lighting, the right time and conditions.

I am in awe!!!

S,pose its ok, i mean, its only a few stars. . . . . . . . . .. . . . .
Tremendous shot, not to keen on the light in the foreground, as mentioned before, but who cares, its a CRACKER n:clap::clap::clap::clap:,
Dave

I really want to try this, was that a single exposure? If so I guess where I've been going wrong is my ISO and shooting at f11! Thanks! It's an amazing image :) inspirational

It's a nice shot, 30 seconds is a bit too long when it comes to star's though.

The top of the image the stars have blurred which makes the image look soft at the main part of it imo.

Back