Critique Milky Way from Snowdon

Edit My Images
No
The Milky Way risinging over the mountains of Crib Coch, Moel Siabod and y Lliwedd, with Jupiter out over on the right side, taken from just off the Watkin Path descending from the summit of Snowdon.

Any CC is welcome, thanks

40532696415_0e218e0864_b.jpg

You don't need any CC when you can produce something like that; its brilliant.

Dave

Absolutely stunning shot (y)

I've had it in mind to have a go at the full arc seeing its the optimum time of year, if I could achieve something half as good I'd be happy

I'm guessing you did it around the 16/17th last month when there was no moon?

No moon again in the early hours this weekend but weather looks cr*p, I'll have to see what May brings

Oh Lord
Just found a new home for my landscape gear, - the Wheelie Bin.
Stunning image.
Frame it, then hang it Loud & Proud

"Cracking"shot, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Can you give us a clue how this was taken? Stacked image?
How do you get the sunset and milky way so clear, plus the foreground?

Beautiful, nicely balanced and processed. I assume that is light pollution across the horizon?

Is it a panorama of single exposures or separate foreground and sky images combined? I not a purist, just curious, it works superbly whatever!!

Absolutely stunning shot (y)

I've had it in mind to have a go at the full arc seeing its the optimum time of year, if I could achieve something half as good I'd be happy

I'm guessing you did it around the 16/17th last month when there was no moon?

No moon again in the early hours this weekend but weather looks cr*p, I'll have to see what May brings

When was this taken @RPhotos ? - The GC looks a little higher than I would have expected for this time of year. I assume this was approaching dawn? - Stunning shot

Thank you very much, this was taken in the early hours of Monday morning (9th) at about 0330 just before the moon rise

Yeah it’s a bummer with the weather over the next few days

Can you give us a clue how this was taken? Stacked image?
How do you get the sunset and milky way so clear, plus the foreground?

Beautiful, nicely balanced and processed. I assume that is light pollution across the horizon?

Is it a panorama of single exposures or separate foreground and sky images combined? I not a purist, just curious, it works superbly whatever!!

Thank you for the kind words. Probably should of included the tech specs in the main post. It’s a 24 shot panorama over 3 rows, 24mm in portrait orientation, 15 seconds ISO 5000. No other blending of foreground and sky exposures.

Yeah the yellow is the light pollution with main pollution from Liverpool and it’s surrounding areas

Thank you for the kind words. Probably should of included the tech specs in the main post. It’s a 24 shot panorama over 3 rows, 24mm in portrait orientation, 15 seconds ISO 5000. No other blending of foreground and sky exposures.

Yeah the yellow is the light pollution with main pollution from Liverpool and it’s surrounding areas

Brilliant thanks, that explains it a little better and technically makes it a good blend of images.

Stunning shot. Would an LPS filter have worked? I know they work for deep space astro pics but I'm curious as to know whether they work for landscape shots as well, or would it have affected the rest of the image too?

Stunning (y)

I wish I had just been there let alone taken that image....

Wow, out loud when opened this image. Then the F word.
Simply stunning. :notworthy:

Just wanted to add that this particular shot has so much going for it have you thought of entering it in International Astronomy Photographer of the Year (IAPOTY) when it opens for entries next year ?

Thank you all again for the positive comments, i am looking forward to seeing the print when it arrives.

Just wanted to add that this particular shot has so much going for it have you thought of entering it in International Astronomy Photographer of the Year (IAPOTY) when it opens for entries next year ?
Thanks JBW, TBH I have never really thought about entering any competitions, thanks for the vote of confidence, might give it some thought, appears a long time to wait till entries for IAPOTY open again

Stunning shot. Would an LPS filter have worked? I know they work for deep space astro pics but I'm curious as to know whether they work for landscape shots as well, or would it have affected the rest of the image too?
I am not to sure on the LPS filter, i have never tried or played with one, i have considered getting one but not sure on it, part of me likes the light pollution as its part of the wider landscape, but at the same time now curious to see what sort of effect it would have ....

ah well thats how you do it, thats me out then :):) fabulous

WOW what a great image. It all came together beautifully.

Thank you all for the recent comments, made me remember another Snowdonia Milky Way shot I took a few days after this one that I haven’t posted here, will probably post it later seeing how this one is still being enjoyed :)

Back