Milky Way Using M4/3

I would be happy with that as well Gary. Milky Way looks great when it's stretched out like that.

I would be more than reasonably happy with that, viewing on mobile but will take another look when I get on PC

Great shot with nice colours its a good advert for the EM10. Nice flickr stream also, you use the camera very creatively. But, as you say, an image like this needs to be on a larger format - simply because it deserves to be...

Cheers all, I was a bit concerned when I switched from Nikon that I wouldn't be able to get shots like this but it's proving ok so far (ok, not as good as the bigger sensor but fine for me at the moment). Not had it printed but I am going to just to see how it comes out.

I would be happy with that as well Gary. Milky Way looks great when it's stretched out like that.
:plus1: excellent effort (y)

I am interested in these shots as well and am going over to Greece in August.
I only will have a 35mm (50mm equiv) on my EM5-MKII any advice on settings.
I will have a tripod with me.

Do you mean 25mm? What speed lens? I'm not too sure how well that would work as you'd probably only get 10-12 seconds before you get noticeable star trailing at that length, iso would have to be pretty high to let enough light in.

i am thinking of trying to do this in Sardinia next month - the 7.5mm fisheye maybe too wide though ? f3.5..

or...i may be too drunk to do any thing

Nice picture, never tried taking pictures of the milky way, must give it a try sometime.

Do you mean 25mm? What speed lens? I'm not too sure how well that would work as you'd probably only get 10-12 seconds before you get noticeable star trailing at that length, iso would have to be pretty high to let enough light in.

yes 25mm (50mm equiv) its an F1.8 lens

i am thinking of trying to do this in Sardinia next month - the 7.5mm fisheye maybe too wide though ? f3.5..

or...i may be too drunk to do any thing

Ha, indeed, I have plans when I go to Portugal in a few weeks but may have the same problem........Will be interested to see any shots from Sardinia as that is on our holiday shortlist for another year.....On another note, this was taken with the Samyang 7.5mm f3.5 then de-fished in photoshop.

yes 25mm (50mm equiv) its an F1.8 lens

Like I say, at 50mm equivalent you're not going to get more than 10-12 seconds without noticeable trailing but at least you've got nice fast lens......My starting point would be something like f1.8, 12 seconds @ around 2000 iso....What camera? If EM1 I'd use noise reduction any other Olympus I'd go without.

Thanks Gary - I'll give it a whirl if a get 5 minutes to myself

Amazing shot.

Did you take multiple exposures and then use photoshop to stack or was that all in one? If all in one - what length exposure?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be happy with that. Iam just starting out on the MFT route due to medical reasons and the nikon gear got to heavy for me. great shot

Stunning, would look amazing printed large, or on a 4K TV. What sort of exposure was this?

Back