Milky Way

Very impressive shots. How do you predict cloud coverage on any given night?

Thank you :) to check the cloud cover I watch the local forecast cloud animation, it's fairly reliable.

I find the first one a bit too pushed. I think on the right the sky behind the tree appears lighter that the nearby sky which is likely an artifact of post processing?

The second, i really love, simple but very effective composition. The snowy foreground and tree silhouette are just stunning.

I find the first one a bit too pushed. I think on the right the sky behind the tree appears lighter that the nearby sky which is likely an artifact of post processing?

The second, i really love, simple but very effective composition. The snowy foreground and tree silhouette are just stunning.

I agree about the first one - I was in a rush with the processing. I tried a few variations but was not completely happy so went back and got it with snow on the ground and it was even better. Here are a couple more from last weekend:

1. Close up
untitled-1912 by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

2. From further back
untitled-1912-2-Edit by Good Lux Photos, on Flickr

I prefer the second one, which is less cramped, and have a great sens of space. What a stunning picture and what a stunning location, where is this?

I prefer the second one, which is less cramped, and have a great sens of space. What a stunning picture and what a stunning location, where is this?

Thank you! The location is in Ticino south of Switzerland. I posted a few daytime shots in the landscape section too for critique.

Very nice and very rural!

Extremely rural! This valley is the steepest and rockiest in the whole Alpine region with boulders scattered everywhere and its all off the grid no mains electricity anywhere. First time there and I'm hooked.

Back