Millarochy Bay, Loch Lomond

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at a panoramic stitched together photo, so i chose the Lone Tree at Millarochy Bay, Loch Lomond, this is nine photos stitched together in Photoshop CC

Lone tree at Millarochy Bay, Loch Lomond
by Nick P, on Flickr

CC Welcome

Last edited:
It's obviously a pano which is why I don't like it. It's got that V shape and bend to it which I hate. The sky's also much too dark and over graduated at the top and it just looks very false. Nice light and conditions. A normal 3:2 would look so much better

Thanks for the CC, looking at the comments i can see the sky is a little overdone and will need to address this and look towards what can be done to lose the V shape, though this is my first one ever, its a learning curve

It's obviously a pano which is why I don't like it. It's got that V shape and bend to it which I hate. The sky's also much too dark and over graduated at the top and it just looks very false. Nice light and conditions. A normal 3:2 would look so much better
:agree:

I don't mind you agreeing in the slightest, i agree myself, but barring taking a 3:2 standard shot, is there a process that could remove the V in a multi shot panorama?

I take the point of what the others are saying, but I like the image none the less. Looks a very tranquil scene.

How did you stitch the shots Nick?

If you do this in PS or LR6 it will lose some of the curve that is there from the camera sweep.

I'd also try and lift the shadows a little to get some detail back into the tree foliage.

Hi Adrian, I brought the photos in to LR and then had PS produce the panorama, then went on to edit the colours & levels in LR, at that time I wasn't aware LR could produce panoramas, I also selected the Auto settings in PS, so it chose the outcome

Last edited:
I prefer these last 2 shots to the original, but was wondering if you could lift the shadows a bit to put some detail in the tree in the b&w shot?

Much prefer these!
The first one has a great "desolate" look about it..
Almost alien.

Not sure about lifting the shadows in the second though...I like the silhouette.

Back