Millipedes and springtails with more shots

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more shots with my MFT Laowa 50 f2.8

Some millipedes found on the rotten wood I have an old bin just for this kind of shot

millipedes by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Millipede by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Little millipede by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Some springtails

These were only spotted through the lens as they are tiny a two shot handheld stack one hand on the camera one holding the leaf at 2:1

Tiny collembola by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Collembola by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Katiannidae by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice Alf.

Amazing colour differences, particularly the 1st lemon & the Spotty one

‘From above’ is a cracker Alf ;)

Very nice Alf.

Amazing colour differences, particularly the 1st lemon & the Spotty one

Thanks Chris
There is a lot of colour differences with the Katiannidae then there are some other species among them also

‘From above’ is a cracker Alf ;)

Thanks Jak

Thanks Paul
If it was easy everyone might do it
Actually I can think of lots of people who wouldn't take macro photographs even if they had a robot camera that did it all for them.
Very nice photos sadly despite collecting leaf litter I have never seen Katiannidae .

What did you mean by the this?
" Some millipedes found on the rotten wood I have an old bin just for this kind of shot "
A pile of wood that you let rot? Sounds a nice idea.

Actually I can think of lots of people who wouldn't take macro photographs even if they had a robot camera that did it all for them.
Very nice photos sadly despite collecting leaf litter I have never seen Katiannidae .

What did you mean by the this?
" Some millipedes found on the rotten wood I have an old bin just for this kind of shot "
A pile of wood that you let rot? Sounds a nice idea.

I see Katiannidae on living plants and my bins I find them on evergreen leaves of Laurel and Fatsia Japonica

I had a bin for firewood for my firepit that was left so long it started to rot and I found some interesting subjects so it turned into a bin of rotting wood that I occasionally look for invertebrates on. Even my wife seems to accept this now so it is a source of subject I need more wood in it I think.

I see Katiannidae on living plants and my bins I find them on evergreen leaves of Laurel and Fatsia Japonica

I had a bin for firewood for my firepit that was left so long it started to rot and I found some interesting subjects so it turned into a bin of rotting wood that I occasionally look for invertebrates on. Even my wife seems to accept this now so it is a source of subject I need more wood in it I think.
I will have look on some laurel although I am not that optimistic as I should have seen them by now.

I like the bin full of rotten wood idea.

Last edited:
Back