Minimalist boat

S

stupar

From my adventures out tonight.
The effort involved to get this shot was awful due to being the harbour fence and having to hold the camera above my head at full reach to block out as much of the crap from the scene.
Afterwards some gentle editing in post using Nil Silver Efex to get the desired tones and reduction in structure to create a more ethereal image.
Anyway thanks for looking and feel free to comment
Minimalist boat by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Nice shot with a good reflection

Worth the effort Stuart (y)

I think the reflections works well, acts as a shadow but I think it would look better with more space around the subject, but that may be one of those images that when you try it doesn't improve it, but it just feels a bit squashed. That would also work as a high key image

Nice shot with a good reflection

Nice and simple, and slightly eerie! Great shot.

Very serene. Attractive in its simpleness

Worth the effort Stuart (y)

I think the reflections works well, acts as a shadow but I think it would look better with more space around the subject, but that may be one of those images that when you try it doesn't improve it, but it just feels a bit squashed. That would also work as a high key image

Thanks guys for the comments.
@Byker28i you are right more space would have been idea and my ideal preference, below is the straight out of camera shot which shows how tight 18mm was a full stretch above my head.
out of camera shot by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

I would agree,processing is excellent considering what you had to work with/against. The one crit I'd offer is that the top of the mast looks like it has been cropped out & faded to hide the fact rather than just being faded as is really the case.

I would agree,processing is excellent considering what you had to work with/against. The one crit I'd offer is that the top of the mast looks like it has been cropped out & faded to hide the fact rather than just being faded as is really the case.
Nah the mast is all there i just tried to be smart and added a graduated fog filter in Silver Efex to add to the eerie feel.

Back