Minimalist Mist

Well that's my cup of tea Gary, very nice indeed. Not sure if I would crop it slightly top and rhs

I'm drinking a cup now :) I like it a lot. What I would say though is that the reflection is so perfect it almost looks odd stuck on the bottom third like that. I would be tempted to crop the top to keep it central to the verticals, and leave it horizontal on the thirds... if that makes sense! I think it will have better balance that way and make it more abstract. Regardless, it's a great image.

Thanks Paul, I did try several different crops but this is the one I finally landed on. It'd probably work in a few ways I guess.

I think it,s brilliant.:)

I think this is a beauty Gary. As you say you could work the crop a variety of ways but I like it as is. Proportions and positioning are always a very individual thing. Tones are very nice and its one that could work higher key as well. A lovely shot mate.

I think this is a beauty Gary. As you say you could work the crop a variety of ways but I like it as is. Proportions and positioning are always a very individual thing. Tones are very nice and its one that could work higher key as well. A lovely shot mate.

Thanks Mark. Yep, I looked at it in a more high as well.

Love this ! Floats my boat (sorry... I'll get my coat) great shot :)

Haha, I'll get your coat for you if you like...

Works beautifully for me.
I want to find something negative about it....but I can't.

I'd print this huge.

Well it is what it says on the tin. Nice clean simple imagine.

Like that a lot. I'm doing a Minimal project on TP ATM.

Well composed and I really like that you can't see the horizon. Lovely calm water and reflection.

Muted colours work really well....a splash of red would ruin it IMO.

Cheers.

love it, just the right conditions at the moment for shots like that.

Lovely shot Gary, like it a lot! Was it o the river Dart by any chance? I was hoping for more mist last night on the breakwater but there wasn't much at all.

I keep coming back to this....I love it.

Amazing how often that simplicity produces such impressive pictures. A lesson for lots of us to learn, I think. (y)

Thanks again everyone.

Lovely shot Gary, like it a lot! Was it o the river Dart by any chance? I was hoping for more mist last night on the breakwater but there wasn't much at all.

Yes Neil, it was shot at Galmpton Creek. Yeah, it looked like it might mist up a bit last night but never happened.

Amazing shot. Literally been staring at it for ages. Seems to rest the soul. Very calming.

Thats a beauty mate lovely etheral glow simple but perfect composition and a wonderful reflection. (y)

Back