Beginner MiNT Adventures in an Instant

Name
eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
As kind of blog come, cry for help and a kick up the backside for me... I'm going to bore you lot with my Polaroid camera photos.

The camera:
MiNT SLR 670
IMG_20171031_185051.jpg
My experience: Nill

My first selection of pictures

IMG_20171104_144440.jpg

From top left to right... My first shots.
The first being well out of focus and dark.
The next few I played with just the light / dark settings on the camera.

The 2nd row 2nd shot is of a path near river Mersey. Its out of focus, but exposure point of view not bad. Its light metered for f9 ISO 640 (forgotten the shutter speed set on the time machine)

My main issue is that I don't seem to have got the hang of getting things in focus.

My next shots I'll take better picture of them.

2 more shots
IMG_20171108_202826-01.jpeg
Slightly better at focusing but still dark. It did meter it but I clearly got it wrong

IMG_20171108_202837-01.jpeg
A quick play on bonfire night. No metering just bulb setting and holding for about a second or so.
Considering I was drunk, not that bad [emoji2]

Doesn't it have an auto light meter?
It does but i've been doing it by setting on the time machine.

Some more shots, mostly settings done via the time machine IMG_20171111_165814.jpg

However using the camera to meter it is much better

IMG_20171111_170103.jpg
Its a shame the older impossible film was a bit hit n miss

3 more shots from the camera
IMG_6qe90r.jpg

The center one has a blue filter on it. The others are just standard. All metered by the camera.
I am concerned about the markings left on the pictures tho.

Back in the 80s we used to use Polaroid film at work, and it was a cause of great celebration when we progressed from peel-apart B&W to new SX70 slr cameras with colour pack film. It would also be fair to say that results tended to be fairly disappointing, especially on natural light shots. As the Polaroid factory was in nearby Dumbarton, a rep was invited along to show us how to get the best out of this combo, whereupon he produced a series of perfectly coloured photos to amaze and astound us. The key message was that the film didn't like cool/cold weather, so having it in the car boot other than high summer was asking for problems. He also used to put the print into his inside jacket pocket to keep it warm while it developed, so possibly a couple of free things to try out?

Well, I'll ask for everybody

what the hell is a time machine for metering exposure pls...:)

Well, I'll ask for everybody

what the hell is a time machine for metering exposure pls...:)

Time machine is an add on for Mint modified cameras. Basically setting the shutter speeds, I used an app or external light meter for set for f9 to work out what speed it needed to be

Time machine is an add on for Mint modified cameras. Basically setting the shutter speeds, I used an app or external light meter for set for f9 to work out what speed it needed to be

About the only thing I recognize in this thread is an SX70, the rest I've got no idea, as long as the mints are sugar free...I'm cool...:D

Well a few more shots and the marks have come back (I did do one which was clean)
For some reason i can't post pictures on the app at the moment, but they are very similar marks left as the others.
I have an idea that might work in fixing the issue tho.... Will let you all know how it goes when I get the parts together.

Last edited:
Rollers may be a bit too close together - I know my peel apart film has a cleaning sheet for when I'm using my Polaroid 450, does the mint have the same? It looks like rollers are tight and a bit dirty (sentence of the day right there that is! haha) Making me want to get some pics with mine now too - nice to see someone doing something creative with the Mersey too - I live really close too but it's not somewhere I really shoot.

Edit: Great shots btw, I love polaroids! The one of the building (6th photo, top right) is particularly nice (y)

Last edited:
Rollers may be a bit too close together - I know my peel apart film has a cleaning sheet for when I'm using my Polaroid 450, does the mint have the same? It looks like rollers are tight and a bit dirty (sentence of the day right there that is! haha) Making me want to get some pics with mine now too - nice to see someone doing something creative with the Mersey too - I live really close too but it's not somewhere I really shoot.

Edit: Great shots btw, I love polaroids! The one of the building (6th photo, top right) is particularly nice (y)

The roller spacing should be ok, its a modified Sx-70 :)

The building is the back of Quarry bank mill. Its a great place for B&W shots.

Well I think have sorted the marks on the photos. As it seems to be temperature dependent I taped 2 hand warmers under camera

Back