Miranda Camera, but what suitable lens?!

Also I don't want to pay too much for a lens because I am only a student and can't really afford it, when I have looked at the Pentax PK lenses they seem to be rather expensive.

Is it Pentax bayonet mount? If so, I have a Miranda 35-70 lens which you can have for the postage cost. It is currently on a Pentax ME Super which you can have too if it's of any use.

EDIT: Had a look at the camera - yes, it will fit.

Steve.

Last edited:
Also I don't want to pay too much for a lens because I am only a student and can't really afford it, when I have looked at the Pentax PK lenses they seem to be rather expensive.

Make sure you are looking at manual focus lenses - pentax haven't changed their mount for ages so the AF lenses are still often used with pentax DSLRs hence the price.

If I were you i'd take Steve up on his generous offer, the ME super will be superior to that Miranda anyway

Last edited:
The lens will work on the Miranda camera. The ME Super looks well used but was in use up to about a year ago so should be o.k.

I was given this and a few other bits and pieces from a work colleague today on the understanding that I would try to find suitable recipients for it, so the timing of this post is just right.

I will put some batteries in the camera tomorrow to check if it works.

Steve.

The filmies are good like that , they may smell a bit funny, and spend most of their lives high on fixer fumes but its a good bunch in here, always ready to help each other out,

Talking of which how are you off for film Caitlin ? - I'm sure I can dig a few rolls out of the fridge if needs be.

I can get film no problem, my Grandad is a keen photographer like me too so we buy film together from various places! Thank you for the offer though.
Also I am not entirely sure if I am going to be buying the camera just yet, but I will let you know!

I am getting rid of all my Pentax K stuff, whilst most of it I will be selling there will be some bits that I can donate that may be of some use if you get the camera.

EdBray said:
I am getting rid of all my Pentax K stuff, whilst most of it I will be selling there will be some bits that I can donate that may be of some use if you get the camera.

Even the LX?!

Wow, Ed's donating his LXs! Yeah, can I have one? Pretty please?

Seriously, I'm sure we'd like to know when/how you're selling. Whether I can persuade myself to buy is another matter (just "settled" on two MXs)...

Well I'll have an Om2n body...save me getting one at the bootie ;)

Wow, Ed's donating his LXs! Yeah, can I have one? Pretty please?

Seriously, I'm sure we'd like to know when/how you're selling. Whether I can persuade myself to buy is another matter (just "settled" on two MXs)...

Good idea. Can I have one too?!!

Steve.

Unfortunately the LXs, MX, KX and Super A and most of the lenses will be up for sale along with some accessories, hopefully the ad will be on here later today if I can get the pictures done.

Back