B&W MissyLiss

Edit My Images
Yes
This weekend I went to Stoke on Trent to attend a photoshoot with 3 models and another photographer from Purpleport.

So far i've only edited 3 images, but this one is my favourite one so far.

952A9002 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

Any c&c is most welcome.

Thanks for looking :)

I do like the light and the model is very beautiful, great sharpness on the eyes. I would however clone out the door frame, is it? Which runs from her left shoulder and the top left hand side near the hat. A part from that a very nice image.

Quick and dirty edit to show what I mean, will remove if requested.

Very striking.:)

Seems like the lighting was from above which has cast a shadow over her eyes, which is a shame.

image.png by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

a good head shot without the shoulder and lower body
the eyes can be worked on easily
cheers
geof

Last edited:
I like it, and I like the light.

I'd retouch the vertical line on her forehead. And then probably do a _little_ more skin work.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that head & shoulders shots either need to make eye contact or they need to show some context to give an idea of what the subject is looking at. This is going to sound stupid as it looks as though she hasn't quite made eye contact with the camera - even though she clearly is looking in the right direction -
and Geoff's closer crop makes the problem worse.

Is anybody else seeing what I'm seeing or am I having a bit of a Friday morning special?

I like it, and I like the light.

I'd retouch the vertical line on her forehead. And then probably do a _little_ more skin work.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that head & shoulders shots either need to make eye contact or they need to show some context to give an idea of what the subject is looking at. This is going to sound stupid as it looks as though she hasn't quite made eye contact with the camera - even though she clearly is looking in the right direction -
and Geoff's closer crop makes the problem worse.

Is anybody else seeing what I'm seeing or am I having a bit of a Friday morning special?

don't give up your dayjob...:D

Hi all, sorry for the delay in replying....thank you all for taking the time to look and comment.

Regarding the lighting, it was natural light that was coming through a very large window which was directly in front of the model (some distance away though) - the brim of the hat was pulled down over her eyes slightly though, so that would explain the shadow. I left it in as I didn't think it was too harsh and still left a fair amount of detail in.

The doorframe is actually some wooden panelling on the staircase that she's sitting on, but can see that the image does look better without it (no need to remove the edit Steve) :)

Back