Misty Cad West 21/04/09

Edit My Images
Yes
Traveling from the blue skys of Shropshire this morning I thought I might be in luck with the weather in Mid Wales but it wasn't to be. Cloud had begun to set in as I passed Welshpool and arriving at Cad it just got thicker with the odd bit of blue sky here and there. Half way up the climb this Herc appeared, followed by a few Hawk passes an hour later. Another Herc was spotted coming over from Bala which did a nice beit high pass. The highlight of the day was the Hawk T2, don't know if it's just me but it's definately louder than the common variety.
Called it a day at 2.30pm as by this time the sea mist had rolled in and totally blanketed the area. The light was rubbish most of the day so glad I got what I did.

Tim

_MG_0008.jpg

_MG_0013-2.jpg

_MG_0034-2.jpg

_MG_0023.jpg

_MG_0028.jpg

_MG_0045.jpg

#3 and #6 are great mate (y)

Cad can be a bugger in bad weather - I think you've done a great job :clap:

Was the first T1 taken at about 0820? Nice grab of the T2.

Cheesy

0924 according to exif.

Great shots Tim, the weather wasnt too kind for you was it. Great job under the conditions.(y)

Dean:)

You can't predict the weather Tim, last trip had 5 aircraft in 3 days, so would be pleased with your efforts. Booked 3 days down the loop next week, wednesday - friday, as long as operation on my wrist goes ok, relief to finally be out of plaster, but hope the bone being pinned does spoil the fun for next week

Peter

Last edited:
You can't predict the weather Tim, last trip had 5 aircraft in 3 days, so would be pleased with your efforts. Booked 3 days down the loop next week, wednesday - friday, as long as operation on my wrist goes ok, relief to finally be out of plaster, but hope the bone being pinned does spoil the fun for next week

Peter

Oh well spoke too soon, had op to put pin in wrist but back in plaster and definitely no trip to the loop next week :bang: :shake::thumbsdown: Wales is going to have to wait :crying:

Sorry to hear that pete - hope you heal up soon!

I'm off to the loop tomorrow morning - the weather doesn't look great but its worth a try :)

Back