Misty day above Rydal Water

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
I set out this morning really keen on finding a different take on the Lakes. I thought I'd picked a good spot on Nad Scar above Rydal Water, looking across to Loughrigg, and whilst its a fantastic view I couldn't really find an angle that translated into a great photo. I did however have the pleasure of watching the mist roll in and out over water, and managed to catch this. So I did at least walk off the fell happy, and then went straight down to the waters edge to grab a pic of the Rydal Boathouse, because sometimes you just can't beat those famous shots! Thoughts welcome.

Rydal Water Mist
by Dan Thwaites, on Flickr

This is really nice Dan, a gorgeous scene and wonderful conditions. I may have framed it to exclude the field on the right and slightly tighter on the left but it's a lovely image of a special place :)

Nice work Dan, I think that you could take a slice off the RHS and not lose any quality of this image.
Lovely conditions mind you, and you've handled it well. Nice to see you posting your work up on here too dude, much nicer to view than on IG

Back