Misty Layers from Corn Du

I think that's beautiful.
The softness of the view (not the image), the colours....I'd print this.

Thanks all!

The crop is 4 x 2 from memory, I'll have a play around and see what I come out with.

James

James
It's a lovely image

I like that. Nice one.

I'm not really one for cropping much but I think that cropped even more from top & bottom as a nice wide panorama would look ace on a wall!
In agreement on this, I'd put 3:1 crop on this awesome image. Note to self: You must get up the Brecon Beacons soon you slack b*****d!

Thanks again all.

I'll play around with the cropping tonight, I'm very tempted to print this now but I'm not sure what paper to go for (I'll probably go to DSCL as I can't do panoramas at home).

It would look great on the living room wall I reckon.

James

I'd played around with other crops but finally settled on a 3x1 crop. Now to find a paper to suit...

James

Really nice james.

I think you said you will use DS Colour labs. Fujifilm have released a velvet paper in their crystal archive range and it is a true matt. I think it may suit this image particularly if you are going to frame it with glass.

Worth learning how to soft proof in PS though if you are going to jump straight in with a print (feel free to message me for details) or maybe a trial print a lot smaller and put up with the postage costs.

Really nice james.

I think you said you will use DS Colour labs. Fujifilm have released a velvet paper in their crystal archive range and it is a true matt. I think it may suit this image particularly if you are going to frame it with glass.

Worth learning how to soft proof in PS though if you are going to jump straight in with a print (feel free to message me for details) or maybe a trial print a lot smaller and put up with the postage costs.

Thanks Craig!

I soft proof now as I print at home but I'll definitely go down the trial print route first. The biggest expense seems to be the frame, I'd like to print it large (at least 3 foot long) but frames seemed to be north of £100 at that size.

James

Back