Misty morning on the farm

#1 for me. Have you converted the images to something resembling Black and White?

Nuts - it should say ON the farm. ;)
Click "Thread Tools" on the right just above your first post and edit the title :)

I like both #1 and #2, for me there just isn't enough "content" (for want of a better word) in #3

Number three does nothing for me, but 1 and 2 are excellent. I can see 1 on a wall in a country pub.

Dave

#1 for me. Have you converted the images to something resembling Black and White?

Thanks. I did basic colour processing in LR, then used HSL/Colour/BW section for the conversion with split toning (warm highlights, cold shadows) and reduced the black & white points in curves. Final touch was added grain in effects. Normally I'd use either Nik or On1 for this work, but I didn't want to leave LR, and like the softer images that LR gives me sometimes - Nik especially can be a little OTT.

Click "Thread Tools" on the right just above your first post and edit the title :)

I like both #1 and #2, for me there just isn't enough "content" (for want of a better word) in #3

Thank you. #3 is about a suggestion of shape and was prepared more with Ello in mind, however I was interested to see if it generated a reaction here.

Number three does nothing for me, but 1 and 2 are excellent. I can see 1 on a wall in a country pub.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yup, thay boi coontry imoiges. :)

Not sure about the last two but do really like the first. Has a great feel about it probably due to the eye catching processing.

Thanks Scott. I like the curves and negative space of it, as well as the whacky colours.

Yep, the same puree down here, Tony!

…thought these mistakes were reserved to me!!!:D

I hope today was clear for you - we had lovely sunshine & autumn colours this afternoon. As for spelling, perhaps I am in touch with my inner Austrian. ;)

Curiously, it's actually image 2 that has proved most popular at Ello, with almost 976 views in about 24 hours, with image 1 on 163 and image 3 on 183. I also posted a fourth image in portrait format of the track in the first, but with no vehicle, and that's on 495 views. Using that site + flickr and TP is teaching me about target market and how to make images that certain groups of people will like.

Viewing does not equate with liking or does it?

Viewing equates with interest. The Ello community don't do crit, which is a double-edged sword, so generally I take a view to indicate interest. They do have a 'love' tag that can be clicked that does equate to liking, and the second image here has 24 loves, number 3 has 3 loves and the first image has just 1.

I will declare ignorance about the Ello community and leave it at that.

Curiously my most viewed photo from this occasion on Ello right now is one I didn't show here:

Misty track-4432.jpg

Back