Misty morning on Bamford Edge

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't been out much with the camera recently - the weather has been pretty rubbish and I always have a lull in enthusiasm at this time of year.

The conditions looked promising for Saturday morning and I hoped for some mist and even an inversion.

I have seen quite a few inversions in the Hope valley but never one over Ladybower - its not an ideal location for sunrise as the sun has to climb over a huge hill before it can get into the valley.

The main reason for getting out was to get a bit of exercise - so whatever happened I would get that :)

Met a couple of campers as I wandered along the edge and had a good chat but struggled to find a shot. It was only on my way back that I just glanced over my shoulder and saw the bridge peeping through the mist that I knew it was my best chance at getting something.

Glimpses by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

That's a great shot Dave, the sort of shot that makes it all worthwhile. I've been there at 5am on a cold, dark, foggy, breezy, autumn morning before just waiting (hoping) for the right conditions but just got thick fog/cloud and then bad haze (one of those dust cloud coming from abroad situations).

Thanks Steve - it is actually a huge 3x1 pano (18000 pixels wide) that I have cropped in to a 2x1. There isn't much below the image apart from the slope of the hill and some more of the pine trees that are all in shade. Above it is quite a bland sky.
This was the widest of all the panos I took (89mm according to the exif) - so I don't have any other options :(

Here is the full shot:
_DSC9493-Pano-Edit by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Fantastic. I've been up there a couple of times, but never seen this mist. It makes the valley much more photogenic.

Back