Critique Misty Morning on Rannoch Moor Yesterday

Very nice Steve, I like that. I'm hoping for this weekend, it's well over due.

Reactions: ST4
Nice shot Steve

Beautiful, Steve...just lovely.

You must be one of the only landscape photographers that hates mist! It definitely helps to add interest here, perfect blue skies but very hard to make interesting photographs out of it. If it's intended for stock will be ok, could imagine it on a postcard. Just wonder if cropping a bit from the top improves the composition slightly. You could possibly bring up the light tones a touch

You must be one of the only landscape photographers that hates mist! It definitely helps to add interest here, perfect blue skies but very hard to make interesting photographs out of it. If it's intended for stock will be ok, could imagine it on a postcard. Just wonder if cropping a bit from the top improves the composition slightly. You could possibly bring up the light tones a touch

I tend to find mist obscures the bigger view which is what my photography is all about.

I'd rather have had puffy white clouds and cirrus clouds with biting clarity you get on cold mornings. It's an aesthetic I appreciate more in pictures and to see with my eye.

It's like misty shots of trees. I just don't really care for them.

I toyed with cropping further but wanted to keep the aspect ratio the same. There's annoying foliage just below the what guy can see here. Bringing the crop down includes them. Reducing the dimensions further cuts off distant rocks and puts the edges of the mountains a bit closer to the frame edge.

The uniform sky is the problem and I hear you on maybe bringing the lighter stuff out more

A lovely small layer of mist, the light hitting the peaks is nice too.

A lovely small layer of mist, the light hitting the peaks is nice too.

Thanks. Mist I think is a nicer element in a position of elevation like in your image. As I do mostly lake side shooting at low level it can be quite tricky. I'd have loved some more clouds in the sky but this is an image where the experience of being there was better than the image. So still, calm and fresh and no one about during the week up there

Back