Mobile Phone for the smart-phobic elderly relative?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Am looking for a phone for my father in law who is in hospital and is quite ill. He's a technophobe, never had a computer, and kept his old mobile switched off so it didn't waste the battery.

Amazon has a few big button phones, but the reviews range from "didn't work" to "amazing", so I was wondering if anyone had any real world experiences?

I'm looking for cheap (he'll never use it again if he comes out of hosp) and quick delivery. All it needs to do is be able to receive calls, and make calls to maybe 2 or 3 numbers - we'll program it with speed dial.

Thanks in advance!

That's the brand we got for Mrs Nod's Mum. Unfortunately, she didn't like it so it's never been used - she prefers to have a non-working Nokia 3310... Actually, the 3310 is still working but she insists it isn't.

Got this about a month ago for my Mother, the only thing she can't understand about it is that it says "Send SMS" rather than "Send Text" otherwise it works OK

Got this about a month ago for my Mother, the only thing she can't understand about it is that it says "Send SMS" rather than "Send Text" otherwise it works OK

Very small screen - 1.8".

These are popular.

That looks about right. Sadly people have to want to use them before they ‘click’ with them. Been there, struggled with them, and I’m older than most of them, I don’t think it’s really anything to do with age, more mindset:(. Good luck!

Back