Model/Dance Shoot

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
A recent shoot that I did for an aspiring model and dancer in Glasgow.

I'd love some criticism on the work. I posted here earlier in the year and received a lot of criticism which I found helped a lot.

43917297610_e42447b8e3_b.jpg

45734960541_3e374b4ab6_b.jpg

43917296710_c84c1daaf1_b.jpg

45010010254_5f22917781_b.jpg

43917295940_1678fa7109_b.jpg

44820965605_e8c31fcea3_b.jpg

45010007064_15751ff107_b.jpg

45010005594_dfff618892_b.jpg

For me the last three, maybe the last four work the best. The model is more relaxed in her poses and the backgrounds at least of the last 2/3 are less ‘gritty’.

I don’t think the gritty backgrounds work in this instance. I’m not saying they can’t work but her clothes/poses/makeup don’t gel with the backdrops and it looks a bit disjointed.

They're a really interesting selection & I enjoyed looking at them. I’m probably going to seem overly picky so apologies if this kind of detail isn’t what you’re after.
  1. Light is lovely, not sure about the expression. The pose looks a little odd – folk might rest their shoulders on a brick wall but I think it’d be unusual to rest the head too
  2. Fab patch of light, not sure you’ve made the best use of it. The expression is too everyday to justify the curious light, maybe? And since you’ve clipped her feet you may as well go the whole hog and make it ¾ length
  3. Nicely done! Maybe a touch underexposed, and maybe a longer focal length would work better? Like the processing though.
  4. Nice colours, weird pose. Why’s her jacket sticking way out in front of her?
  5. This is good and very nearly fabulous. I really think it’s worth going back and shooting again. I’d shop the door number out or at least darken it, I’d remove the bits of litter and I’d try to get the rear foot sharp. And I’d change the position of both hands – the front hand could rest more lightly rather than grip, the rear one would be much nicer if it wasn’t pointing at the camera. I’d almost certainly add some artificial light – probably just a slight accent – to bring it to life. It’d be tempting to go quite wide angle too.
  6. Charming. I usually think ballet & contemporary dance shots work better when the dancer doesn’t make eye contact with the camera but I like it here.
  7. Great colours, would be so much nicer if her legs weren’t pointing straight at the camera. They’d look longer & slimmer and she’d thank you for that ;)
  8. Cute. Not sure the background is quite there – esp the knackered plastic tubs – but I like it.
That's just my thoughts - there is at least one full time dance photographer on here who will have better advice I'm sure.

Back