Model in the making?

Not sure if this is a crop, but because he is looking out of the shot I'd like to see more space on that side. I'd probably boost the highlights too as its a little dark for me. Hope this feedback helps :)

Not sure if this is a crop, but because he is looking out of the shot I'd like to see more space on that side. I'd probably boost the highlights too as its a little dark for me. Hope this feedback helps :)

Thank you for taking the time to comment - yes it probably is a little dark but I was really chuffed with the result as it was almost exactly what I wanted. Having said that, my TFT screen always displays things too brightly I think.

In terms of a crop, yes it was originally landscape and I've changed my view on it and should have kept it that orientation. He was looking at one of my softboxes.

from my shoot, this, I think is my preferred one:

LookIntoTheLight by Simon Barrett, on Flickr

Hi Simon, hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit of the photo to change the composition, giving him more space to look into

Not sure why it wont let me share the image in the thread, but here is a link to the picture https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/albums/photo-edits.2147/

talkphotography-edit.14679

photo-edits.2147

Last edited:
Hi Lee, thanks for the edit. Yes I did consider this composition edit also and agree that it probably works better!

I still like the central composition too though!

I may have to print it like your modification though.

Reactions: lee
Have you tried cropping about one eighth of the pic from the right of Si's crop? This puts the lad slightly off-centre and gives more negative space to the right, where he is looking.

Rob

Apologies - just noticed that Lee has already done this... my bad!

Last edited:
Back