Model Shoot in an abandoned Court House

Very nice set of shots there Chris, looks like the new camera is performing beautifully. Love the first image of the set.

:agree: except I prefer the last one of the set - but then I tend to prefer close in shots.

2 is my least favourite - too much uninteresting space around the main subject (= the female) for me

In a complete disagreement with the above I think the second is very compelling, but I like space around my subjects. ;) I also like the first - it draws one in and I want to see where she's leading me to. I'm less keen on 3 & 4. 4 doesn't fit with the set.

I'm with Hugh for number 2, although all of the colour ones are good. The mono shoes shot doesn't work so well for me.

Love the light in No.1. Beautiful quality to that image at screen res.....

Going in close though, to both 1 and 3, and it reveals softness and motion blur in them. Clearly too slow a shutter speed... if the camera was on a tripod then I reckon it was 1/4 second or even longer to get that level of movement in the model. Just way too slow.

I'm not getting the subject matter though... why dressed like that in that environment? Some weird connotations going on here. Being dressed like that in the courthouse, especially the very passive, almost dejected body language in 2, and no face in 1 and 2 just makes it seem like it's sole purpose is to objectify the woman and nothing else. It's a bit naive as an image. A very confusing narrative. What were you trying to say?

Fodder for the male gaze.... not very subtle.

Very nice processing though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments folks, good to see the mixed views on them! :)

Love the light in No.1. Beautiful quality to that image at screen res.....

Going in close though, to both 1 and 3, and it reveals softness and motion blur in them. Clearly too slow a shutter speed... if the camera was on a tripod then I reckon it was 1/4 second or even longer to get that level of movement in the model. Just way too slow.

I'm not getting the subject matter though... why dressed like that in that environment? Some weird connotations going on here. Being dressed like that in the courthouse, especially the very passive, almost dejected body language in 2, and no face in 1 and 2 just makes it seem like it's sole purpose is to objectify the woman and nothing else. It's a bit naive as an image. A very confusing narrative. What were you trying to say?

Fodder for the male gaze.... not very subtle.

Very nice processing though.

Thanks for the comments on number 1 and the general processing,

shutter speed on number 1 is 1/40 @F1.8
number 3 is a 4 second exposure @ F5.6 (very dark cells!)

On the subject matter, im not trying to put a message across or have any sort of narrative with the photo.

On the subject matter, im not trying to put a message across or have any sort of narrative with the photo.

The images always will though... whether you want them to or not. :)

I totally agree with David's comments and I'm just wondering who chose the outfits and poses, particularly for the first two?

Just spent the last hour looking at your flikr images.... some stunning locations that are right up my street, they would be excellent for the latex stuff i shoot, might have to drop you a pm for a chat as I am only in sunny Donny.

Cheers

I like the juxtaposition of the images. There is always room for fodder. :)
Great images, I think they work well.
The location is crying out for so many different types of shots, be it glamour, portrait, documentary or urban...

Hi Chris,

I agree with David's comment regarding dress and what you're trying to say but to be honest I wouldn't have thought about it had he not mentioned it, I was too busy admiring the utterly gorgeous gentle look of the first image. :)

Back