Critique Model Village

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not posted for quite a long time now but though I'd share this recent photo that I shot of part of the village I live in using my DJI Phantom 3 Pro that I've then processed as a faux Tilt Shift to give that's signature model/diorama look to the image.

This was shot at about 70m elevation

Meddow Close in Miniture by Matthew Hancox, on Flickr

Comments, Critique and Questions are welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt

Its achieved the effect of looking like a model reasonably well. If thats what you are after, you've succeeded.

Personally, me, I'd much rather see the shot with a full depth of field through the shot and perhaps more interesting lighting (but I do get these smaller sensors won't work so well in really low light nor do you want to fly the thing and not see it in the sky).

I know drones and aerial photography are a big thing, but I just don't see the appeal myself.

Its achieved the effect of looking like a model reasonably well. If thats what you are after, you've succeeded.

Personally, me, I'd much rather see the shot with a full depth of field through the shot and perhaps more interesting lighting (but I do get these smaller sensors won't work so well in really low light nor do you want to fly the thing and not see it in the sky).

I know drones and aerial photography are a big thing, but I just don't see the appeal myself.

Horses for courses I guess on the drone front, personally I enjoy the perspective I get from it, plus especially when filming it allows you to get much more dynamic footage...actually well it's never going to have the ability of a full frame sensor and a couple of grand in lens it's actually a decent little camera, it does get very rubbish once the light drops to past dusk but then that's to be expected..

I have a normal picture from before the processing of course but I doubt that will ever leave my hard drive as it was shot specifically to do this processing, at the end of the day it's just a pretty standard housing estate :LOL:

As a fake tilt shift, I think it is good. My eye goes to the two dark shadows / blobs on the bottom left above the goalposts, so would suggest cropping in a little.

I think I'd rather clone them out than crop as cropping would also lose some of the houses also and leave things a little unbalanced...those blobs are part of the play ground :D

Back