Monday mono Madness

Edit My Images
Yes
primarily a landscaper, my cars ECU has hit the bucket and has been in repair for 10 days . chomping at the bit to get out i decided to go into the city.

I enjoyed my self doing something ive not done before. although the police stop me and asked a few questions on why i was taking pictures, and the museum didn't like me having my tripod deployed. so i had to hand hold.

thinking of making a theme of mono city shots, nice little side project.

CC & Thoughts on how to improve

Danny :)

Street by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

marmite wheel by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Dizzy to the top by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Mono Magic by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

To the point by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Last edited:
I shoot a lot in Liverpool, and have never been stopped by the police, security yes, but not the Police. Tripods on the whole are tolerated in most of the docks areas, but cause an obstruction and you'll probably be asked to move. Most of it is private land. Tripods are definitely not allowed within the museums and within the Liverpool One shopping complex.

Great shots though.

Great dynamic range and tonal expression
in the first four! (y)(y)(y)

These are gorgeous, which city? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks it was Liverpool.

I shoot a lot in Liverpool, and have never been stopped by the police, security yes, but not the Police. Tripods on the whole are tolerated in most of the docks areas, but cause an obstruction and you'll probably be asked to move. Most of it is private land. Tripods are definitely not allowed within the museums and within the Liverpool One shopping complex.

Great shots though.

maybe they didnt like the look of me :) i was in the middle of a round about in liverpool one bus stop o_O

Great dynamic range and tonal expression
in the first four! (y)(y)(y)
thanks Kodiak

whats wrong with the 5th?

Excellent set, thanks (y)

You have a great eye for the abstract! Really great compositions. As Kodiak has suggested you could have a bit more whites with increased dynamic range but fantastic shots anyway.

You have a great eye for the abstract! Really great compositions. As Kodiak has suggested you could have a bit more whites with increased dynamic range but fantastic shots anyway.

thanks Gary, im working on a few more from the day that i will post in a few days. i see what Kodiak means. this is the most mono ive done in the whole 2 years of doing photography.

thanks Gary, im working on a few more from the day that i will post in a few days. i see what Kodiak means. this is the most mono ive done in the whole 2 years of doing photography.

I think processing in b&w is a whole new ball game and something I struggle with........good luck :D

thanks, im still not sure how to get rid of halos in B&W processing.

Great set Danny and it looks like you have a real eye for this type of work. (y)

Back