Monitor Lizard

Personally not keen on the oof leaves in the foreground, I think cropping those out would improve a nice image :)

Now,there's something you don't see every day.
Very nice indeed, though I agree with gramps regarding the foreground.

Thanks for the comments and good feedback. But I didn't invest in wide aperture prime lenses toi not have something out of focus in my shots!

Need I remind you of the Fuji Prime Rules:

1. Always shoot wide open
2. If you ever find yourself reaching for the aperture ring, see rule 1
3. I'm not going to tell you again.

After moving from micro 4/3, the novelty of having real control over depth of field hasn't got old yet. If I went to medium format, I'd never have both eyes in focus again!

Thanks for the comments and good feedback. But I didn't invest in wide aperture prime lenses toi not have something out of focus in my shots!

Need I remind you of the Fuji Prime Rules:

1. Always shoot wide open
2. If you ever find yourself reaching for the aperture ring, see rule 1
3. I'm not going to tell you again.

After moving from micro 4/3, the novelty of having real control over depth of field hasn't got old yet. If I went to medium format, I'd never have both eyes in focus again!

Well, the BG is out of focus and, works beautifully.
The foreground, however, just serves to pull the eye away from the subject, IMO.
Each to their own.

Well, the BG is out of focus and, works beautifully.
The foreground, however, just serves to pull the eye away from the subject, IMO.
Each to their own.
I wasn't being serious .... but I do tend to overdo the out of focus effect. I was actually taking a photo of a new bicycle in the park, and noticed this chap walking in the background, and took a chance shot without changing the settings. You're right, bit of cropping is really needed.

This was the shot I was taking, and I was aiming for a narrow DOF as this was a review of the bike, and I wanted to show the brake.

2017_0618_15134200.jpg

Erm....that is quite the beast to be looking out for in the park.
Round me it's just the odd angry squirrel. :)

Back