Mono or Colour?

Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
A shot from the finish line of the local gliding regional championships last week. The club's Discus on final glide. But to go with the colour or the mono version? Comments please (more on Flickr, where else?!)

6091791509_0fd6067b74_z.jpg

6092335180_f18c9050db_z.jpg

PS Do you count glider racing as "sports" or "transport"? Same question for yachts....

I personally prefer the mono version - to me it creates a better mood. FWIW, the original colour one is almost monochromatic as well.

Yes - that's why I processed the mono one. Just wondering if there is enough tone in the colour version to warrant running it (red airbrakes and blue/grey wash of sky)?

PS Do you count glider racing as "sports" or "transport"? Same question for yachts....

Personally I'd say that if it was a race then it's sport, if it's just pootling about then transport.

Colour version ticks the most boxes for me!

They both look good to me. But if pushed I'd err on the mono version as the glider seems to stand out better for me.

... and FWIW I think it's a sporty transport. :) :bonk:

Colour for me both are nice, but I think the colour one draws you in to the glider better. Great shoot.

all the best:)

Colour.... loving the blue (y)

+1 for the colour. The glider stands out, where as the B&W just all blends in. Im usually all for b&w if it creates a dramatic scene, or if the color version is too dull, but in this case it's spot on.

Colour for me, I find mono only works well with a few pics (well, with what I take).

Colour for me. Something about the way the glider stands out against the blue of the sky.

At first I thought B&W then of further viewing the colour version won me over....nice pic! The clouds are spectacular but seems to be quite common this year.

For me it's got to be the colour version.

Back