B&W Mont Blanc

Awful..hideous.
Kidding.... Lovely shot, Steve.

Reactions: ST4
Black and white aint my thing, but its a good shot of some peachy mountains.
I know what Robbo says about the contrast, it looks to me like the shadows are similarly dark on some of the lit faces, compared with some that are in shade.
Its beyond my pay grade in processing, but I'd imagine you could selectively work on the shadows to replicate the natural contrast some more?

Very nice shot Steve, well suited to mono, and a really nice bit of PP work.(y)

George.

An amazing scene but not enough going on atmosphere wise to excite me, a record shot? I also think it needs a little slice taking off the right hand side ;)

An amazing scene but not enough going on atmosphere wise to excite me, a record shot? I also think it needs a little slice taking off the right hand side ;)

Fair enough. Sometimes, for me, the subject is the atmosphere. It was a bright sunny day, just the sort that I like ;)

I too have thought about cropping more from the right to remove some of the snow covered ridge, but then you start to cut off bits of the rock face from the third "peak" etc.

I've given it a go thouugh

_DSC8013 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Edit, I got the toning wrong in the last one

Last edited:
Nice shot Steve working well in mono

Interesting comments here. I can see in @R0bb0 edit the contrast has just nade it quite dark and heavy feeling. Impact wise sure it has more but the scene in reality wasn't a high contrast one, it was taken a good few hours before sunset, around 3pm when sunset was around 8pm. Maybe a slight increase in contrast, but not as much as in the alternate rendition.

Back