Monte Bove

No 1 view is great and light seems to be pleasant.

I don't like artificial borders, but since you have one and it's pure white it should be quite evident that the image brightness should be also lifted.

No 1 view is great and light seems to be pleasant.

I don't like artificial borders, but since you have one and it's pure white it should be quite evident that the image brightness should be also lifted.

Yup, very true. I edited these on a laptop which I ought to have learned not to trust. Steve has repeatedly said shots from this are too dark and there is clearly room to brighten in the histogram. Is 1 better now?

Nice shots and nice compositions. I do really like one, and I think the brightness is an improvement - however the blues in the sky look odd to me giving it an over processed look.
Overprocessing skies is another known problem I have but I don't think I did much to the skies in 1. The blues look more odd to me in 2 and I want to go back to that one using a better monitor.

IMO there's not too much wrong with the exposure but the contrast is way too much causing the darker areas in the image and giving a bit of a mucky feel to the tones. The shots themselves are lovely and I'd honestly start again with the processing, its definitely worth it. Just boosting the exposure as suggested above will only lift the overall image and cause other issues, mainly with the highlights which are already quite bright.

Back