Moody Marsco

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
DSC00050.jpg

Testing out Benro's new range of filters despite the drizzly weather. Not ideal conditions with lots of midges, rain spots to wipe of filters but perseverance paid off.

Sony A7RII, Zeiss basis 25mm, Benro TMA28C ad GD3WH

Benro Master Glass filters used; CPL, 3 stop GND, ND64

ISO 100, F11, 20 seconds.

greatshot, water photography is something i want to start learning.

Thank you, Pietrach .
Here's a link to Benro Filters' website which not only details all the products but has a list of UK stockists. I know they are in big demand so not sure how stock levels are in the UK.

Thank you, Pietrach .
Here's a link to Benro Filters' website which not only details all the products but has a list of UK stockists. I know they are in big demand so not sure how stock levels are in the UK.
No link?
Great shot by the way.

I really like the shot Adrian, it is the sort of creative thing I like, it has not been done for the sake of it, but because it works. The shapes of the swirl and the mountain go well, and the swirl breaks off towards the distant view.

The one observation is you have the water movement done well but your foreground has really blurred as a consquence. Blurred grasses etc is a big bug bear of mine as I just do not like that

I'm not as bothered by blurry grasses as you are Steve, but actually in this one I think another shot without the filters on, maybe even a wider aperture if required to gain a faster shutter speed focussed on just the grass bottom left and blended in would have worked a treat.

Thanks, Craig and Steve. In two minds about the blurred vegetation. It obviously goes with the whole LE shot but must admit it does bug me as well to the extent that I have already been back twice since hoping to get an LE shot and a sharp foreground shot. Both times rain stopped play, well didn't even allow it to start. Guess I was lucky with the first one since just got two shots before wind blown rain stopped play.

I'm not as bothered by blurry grasses as you are Steve, but actually in this one I think another shot without the filters on, maybe even a wider aperture if required to gain a faster shutter speed focussed on just the grass bottom left and blended in would have worked a treat.

Agree - blurred foreground is something I just cannot abide and the blend would work a treat.

Wind is part of the mountain world; moving vegetation is part of the mountain world. Whether you want that in a photo is just a personal choice; I quite like (and sometimes intentionally go for) moving vegetation. It often sits well with moving slow-mo water, too, as here. Now what I can't abide - and am unable to explain why - are LE streaky stripey clouds......

I like this image. I can live with the blurred foreground when the payoff is the fantastic movement in the water.

Back