Moody Skies Over Kinder Reservoir

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Headed out for a little walk yesterday near Kinder Reservoir, thought I'd have a go at shooting fully manually for the first time in my life and i'm pretty happy with the results to be honest. The sky wasn't very forgiving and just constantly grey for ages.

Comments Please :D

Last edited:
While it is an exercise inlearning to use manual the light is rather flat and not very good. As for using manual well I like many hardly every use it. When framing a shot it is important what you leave out and that fence in the bottom left should be left out. You maybe should have (if possible) moved to allow the tower to be on the third and still exclude that fence. Is the tower in focus as the railing on the bridge do not look it.

The image is bit cool also did you use manual white blance?

Look here for a debate on the subject https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/getting-into-manual-photography.630691/unread

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, agreed on the light being terrible, just had to get one off to be honest.

The fence I thought about cropping out, but I wanted to leave it in the frame size it's at and cropping from the corner would have almost lost the tower. Now thinking about it, I could just crop the right aswell a little and drag the whole imagine left?

I had the camera on auto white balance I think. Not sure though.

I'll have a read later. Thanks

Back