moon photo tryout

Amateur shot, such a stunning composite image from a kazillion images, I had to share it here. The photographer, a Mr G. Melis, explains how it was done:

"This is the result of the mosaic of many lunar images (232 shots) that were obtained during a whole year (2013-2014). Images was taken in different moon phases, then merged with Photoshop. Colors on the Moon are dominantly controlled by variations in iron (red) and titanium (blue) content. With multiple saturation boost operations we can see this colors. Colors that are imperceptible to the naked eye. To create the image I used three different digital SLRs, and a monochrome camera on a Newton 200mm aperture and 1000mm focal length, and a Maksutov Cassegrain 90mm aperture and 1250mm focal length."

View attachment 75962
Gosh- that looks beautiful - the photographer is obviously very dedicated.

Amateur shot, such a stunning composite image from a kazillion images, I had to share it here. The photographer, a Mr G. Melis, explains how it was done:

"This is the result of the mosaic of many lunar images (232 shots) that were obtained during a whole year (2013-2014). Images was taken in different moon phases, then merged with Photoshop. Colors on the Moon are dominantly controlled by variations in iron (red) and titanium (blue) content. With multiple saturation boost operations we can see this colors. Colors that are imperceptible to the naked eye. To create the image I used three different digital SLRs, and a monochrome camera on a Newton 200mm aperture and 1000mm focal length, and a Maksutov Cassegrain 90mm aperture and 1250mm focal length."

View attachment 75962

We're all just p***ing about aren't we?!

We're all just p***ing about aren't we?!

Well, maybe, but for most of us, faffing about is fun. And until we faff about a bit, we can't really appreciate the difficulty, dedication, skill and craft that goes into making a really sublime image.

View attachment 75962

Absolutely stunning!!!

Back