Moonlit Castle

re 1, its very dark I know the moon will dicate the exposure somehwhat, I'd crop a wider aspect ratio taking off a lot of the bottom and go for a big sky and castle silhoutte
re 3, a more attractive image is on the rhs, I'd have composed it to place the castle wall/walkway in the far left and with a longer f/l or a portrait of that view beyond the light polution
re 2, I wouldn't have bothered taking it. With crops you can leave with 1 and 3 really good, and just IMHO bin two, its a mess and the wrong time of day for such a location

No 3 for me too. That's a great shot. You could crop the left a little though.

Number 1 for me. It has a sense of realness about it. It should be dark, it's night, there's just enough light to show some colour in the building. That's what things look like in the countryside on a clear night, not like in towns or cities that are flooded with artifical light.

Another vote for number 3 and agree with the left crop to get rid of the light clouds. I like the light hitting the castle. No 2 not doing anything for me and number one seems too dark :)

Back